Boy vs. Rattle and Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which album do you prefer?

• Boy

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Back from vacation and I've got another poll for everyone! After reading through the last thread I posted, it seems there's a few of you that aren't a fan of these polls. Since most seem to enjoy them along with myself of course, the only thing I can say to you is to not enter the threads if you don't like the idea of pitting the albums against one another.

As for today's poll, it's the beginning of U2 vs. the beginning of the end of their original style. So, which will it be, the debut album or the movie soundtrack?

Ranking so far:

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree

3. The Unforgettable Fire

4. All That You Can't Leave Behind (beat Pop in a recent poll, along with a few others)

5. Pop (beat Zooropa in a previous poll)

6. Zooropa (beat War in a previous poll)

7. War (beat Rattle and Hum in a previous poll)

8. Rattle and Hum (beat The B-Sides 1980-1990 in a previous poll)

Unranked albums:

Boy (beat October in a previous poll)

October

Under A Blood Red Sky

The B-Sides 1980-1990

My only complaint is that the match-ups never make any sense. How the hell do you compare Boy to Rattle and Hum?!

I have to agree that it's tough to compare these two albums. The reason why it's done though is so that in the end there can be an overall ranking of these releases. I will agree though that the matches in the past were probably more sensical (Pop vs. Zooropa, War vs. UF, UF vs. JT, etc....), but we've got to have these weirder ones to get an overall ranking of the albums. It would be a bit more fun to do an NCAA style bracket, but I'm sure you saw that I already did one and the results are currently being used to get the overall ranking. It was a lot of fun though and looking back on it, I should have tried to make it double elimination or something, so it would've last longer and it'd be easier to get an overall ranking of the albums.

As for this poll, I chose Rattle and Hum. It was a tough choice for me since these are my least favorite of the band's 80's albums, but I like nearly every track on Rattle and Hum, while Boy has a few that I don't really get into.

Boy...It seems like I go through these little phases where I'm absolutely in LOVE with R&H, and then I can't listen to it for awhile...With Boy, I can listen to it whenever.

[color=royal blue]o_O These two aren't even comparable to me, but R&H is one of my favorites, and I can barely stand listening to most of Boy.....so R&H got me vote.[/color]

I voted for Boy, because I like most of the songs in it. I like about 50 % of the songs from R&H, but the ones I like, I REALLY like. So this was a difficult decission.

Back
Top Bottom