Boy versus How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is better?

• Boy

Votes: 58 47.5%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 64 52.5%

• Total voters
right you are, mr. brau.

so that 54 year old lady isn't looking so bad anymore, is she...:drool:

dudeman said:
right you are, mr. brau.

so that 54 year old lady isn't looking so bad anymore, is she...:drool:

54 Year old Jane Seymour.

Hubba-Hubba.

Jane-Seymour-s-First-Nude-Scene-in-20-Years-and-the-Wedding-Crashers-2.jpg

Last edited:
25 years apart, you'd hope that their latest album was better than their first.

I voted for HTDAAB, myself.

Not by a lot, but I think it's better by a few tracks.

Last edited:
Bomb.

Don't get me wrong, I recognize Boy as one of the greatest rock debut albums of all time. Not to mention classics like I Will Follow, Out of Control, and... dear god The Electric Co.

But in my opinion, I just like HTDAAB so much more.

phanan said:
I can't believe more people like Bomb over Boy so far.

Boy for me.

I voted for Boy too but I'm not surprised that Bomb is winning! After all more people here have probably listened to the Bomb and it's much more fresh in memory! :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

I voted for Boy too but I'm not surprised that Bomb is winning! After all more people here have probably listened to the Bomb and it's much more fresh in memory! :shrug:

or maybe people just like it better?

U2girl said:

This description keeps appearing in these forums - why is Bomb considered an "uplifting" album?

The only two optimistic songs on it, as far as I can tell, are All because of you and (in a way) Original of the species.

I feel that Bomb is very optimistic in that it doesn't leave you with a defeatest attitude... I'm not sure I would go as far as to say it's an "uplifting" album, because it does deal with temptation, death, corruption..., but you are still left with a glimmer of hope.

Vertigo paints this dizzying landscape filled with temptation and excess, but then it addresses a sort of spiritual retreat that comes from within:

"lights go down and all I know / is that you give me something... your love is teaching me how / I can feel your love teaching me how / how to kneel"

and then there's SYCMIOYO: "Listen to me now / I need to let you know / You don't have to go it alone"

It's just very... comforting I guess.

Back
Top Bottom