Boy Remastered in May ? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
All I have to say is this: Full concert Point Depot DVD, bitches.
Is Rattle and Hum even on the list right now?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #122
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Have to? There are enough unreleased songs from the Pre-Boy era that a re-issued Boy could easily fill a bonus disc with studio material before live stuff is even given a thought.
i'd personally rather have a bonus disc full of the various takes of them recording the early version of twilight

Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #123
Refugee

Local Time: 03:56 PM
26/12/1989
Old 02-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
I would rather have a re-recording of the entire album.
If they did everything except for vocals. They'd have to use the original vocals. But that might be cool. Release a remaster, and as a bonus disc a re-record. It'll never happen, though. Never.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog

At the current rate, maybe next January we'll get TUF and R&H.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:56 PM
if the San Fran 81 footage is owned by Wolfgang's Vault(formerly BGP) and not U2, then it's ain't gonna be on the new DVD.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #127
Refugee

Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dorian Gray
aww here we go with the complaining. for fuck sake these cds need remastering. thank god they're getting a release. REM have done it, Dylan's done it, the Stones, the Cure, Sonic Youth, etc. Why do people see everything as a money grab??
I'm happy with any proper remaster. I just want a concert DVD for each album, and I fear we won't get that, and that's a shame.

I think the problem of money-grubbing, for me, comes in when the band's releasing substandard product and charging a whole lot. The deluxe Zoo TV DVD was reasonably priced, but Popmart is substantially more expensive in Canada, and for less documentary footage. Both these releases could have had entire extra concerts as a second or third disc (we'd have paid extra for that); instead we get a few songs and U2 will cash in later. Same thing with the Milan DVD, which was unnecessarily cut down. Who doesn't think the Vertigo 2nd disc was a joke? And so it goes. I do think the Joshua Tree deluxe release was great, though, and I wish they'd put that kind of effort for all the remasters. I want at least a couple of new concerts for the Achtung Baby release, including songs like "Ultraviolet" in the setlist.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #128
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
No one but the hardcore fan base and music fans with a post-punk fetish will give a toss about Boy, October, and War remaster releases
I consider myself a U2 fan, and I'm not sure I even care about these. Bono's vocals at this time were pretty bad; I'd be interested in War concert footage, though, and a to have "A Celebration" on CD.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #129
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog

Well, in December, Paul McGuiness gave a radio interview saying that every U2 album would get this treatment in the next 2 years, so it will eventually be on the list -- maybe not this year, but eventually. Exciting, no?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #130
Refugee

Am i the only person who would prefer Sydney 89 to Point Depot Dec 31st? These Sydney shows are IMO some of the best they ever played...

Normally I'd be a bit put off by all this remaster stuff but because there is so little promotion it does feel like it is accepted that these releases are just for hardcore fans and I kinda like that...

The remaster I want more than anything is TUF... Don't care about bonus anything, just want that album remastered...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #131
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld

I think the problem of money-grubbing, for me, comes in when the band's releasing substandard product and charging a whole lot. The deluxe Zoo TV DVD was reasonably priced, but Popmart is substantially more expensive in Canada, and for less documentary footage.
They have no control over the pricing in Canada, even when you bitched about this the first dozen times many Canadians said they found it less then for what you paid, so you really need to quit using this as a bitching point. Plus Popmart had more bonus features, so I'm not sure what drugs you are on.

Quote:

Both these releases could have had entire extra concerts as a second or third disc (we'd have paid extra for that); instead we get a few songs and U2 will cash in later.
Why would ANYONE expect another full concert as a bonus to a concert film? That's absurd.

Quote:

Same thing with the Milan DVD, which was unnecessarily cut down. Who doesn't think the Vertigo 2nd disc was a joke? And so it goes.
I paid 6 dollars more for the deluxe edition. 6 dollars for a 10 song DVD, oh noes I got ripped off.

Simply put, if they are jokes, don't buy them.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #132
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by full moon
IAM TYPING WITH MY NIPPLES!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #133
War Child

this thread got me wanting to listen to boy, so i put the cd on in my car and it really doesnt sound like it needs remastering, everything is crystal clear. I dont see what theyre trying to improve upon. october and war sound like shit though.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #134
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by chrissybaby
Am i the only person who would prefer Sydney 89 to Point Depot Dec 31st? These Sydney shows are IMO some of the best they ever played...

Normally I'd be a bit put off by all this remaster stuff but because there is so little promotion it does feel like it is accepted that these releases are just for hardcore fans and I kinda like that...

The remaster I want more than anything is TUF... Don't care about bonus anything, just want that album remastered...
why not just download a gold mfsl copy? the one im waiting for is achtung
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #135
Gunslinger

AB needs a remaster asap. I love Acrobat, but the sound coming out of my Bose is shit.