Boy Remastered in May ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The upside will be that we may get three unreleased concerts from those eras. That would make the re - releases worth my dime. But, i think it's time we got some new material! this decade is almost over and has only seen two new albums, three greatest hits, 5 concert dvds, a $300 dollar digital boxet, a huge coffee table book, an ipod.

How many of the latest releases include, where the streets have no name, still haven't found what i'm looking for and bullet the blue sky.

Enough cashing in boys!!! Balls to the walls!!!!!!! give us some new ground breaking sh*t!!!!!!!

Boy could come with the pro-shot San Francisco from 1981.

October could come with Berlin 81 or Gateshead from 82

War could come with Devore 83 or Loreley 83

Unforgettable Fire - Dortmund 84

Rattle&Hum - Syracuse or LA 87

Achtung Baby - Stockholm 92 or Washington 92

All available.:wink:

Last edited:
U2girl said:
You really think any remasters pre JT will get a DVD ? :hmm:
If not DVD's there certainly will be bonus material which would have to consist of live audio. But I'd hope for DVD's...

Given the Boy and October tours pretty much ran back to back into eachother I could imagine both Boy and October not necessarily having a live DVD. But there should be at least one DVD from these two. The full UABRS has to pop up somewhere. For UF it should be easy to do Dortmund on DVD, preferably the full show if it exists. And how could they ignore Lovetown!

AndrewCowley said:
If not DVD's there certainly will be bonus material which would have to consist of live audio.

Have to? There are enough unreleased songs from the Pre-Boy era that a re-issued Boy could easily fill a bonus disc with studio material before live stuff is even given a thought.

Though October and War, if they have bonus discs, will surely require live material. The studio cupboard's probably bare as far as October goes.

AndrewCowley said:

If not DVD's there certainly will be bonus material which would have to consist of live audio. But I'd hope for DVD's...

Given the Boy and October tours pretty much ran back to back into eachother I could imagine both Boy and October not necessarily having a live DVD. But there should be at least one DVD from these two. The full UABRS has to pop up somewhere. For UF it should be easy to do Dortmund on DVD, preferably the full show if it exists. And how could they ignore Lovetown!

Maybe Red rocks on DVD will be a separate release, maybe it comes with War or UABRS. :hmm: But otherwise I'm not sure they'd add any DVDs onto pre-JT albums.

Rattle and Hum will be an interesting one. Do we get more Joanou directed goodness or *gasp* will they reach out to Lovetown ?

I swear to God, if we don't get an official Lovetown DVD in the near future, I will insert BB King's guitar down Edge's throat.

Axver said:
I swear to God, if we don't get an official Lovetown DVD in the near future, I will insert BB King's guitar down Edge's throat.
What was pro-shot from Lovetown? From memory just two shows: Sydney Nov 18th (the 'bombscare' show) and Dublin Dec 31st. Was there any others? What about any of the Rotterdam shows from January? I reckon they are some of U2's greatest ever shows (esp. Jan 10th).

I remember reading rumours (or was it true?) that Richard Lowenstein directed several shows from Sydney on that tour.

There is the Lovetown MTV special footage, and I think Perth - just a few songs but includes Bono inviting the cameramen on stage during Desire.

U2girl, the Desire footage you're thinking of happened on 27 September 1989 in Sydney. That wasn't proshot for concert film, unfortunately; it was just Channel 10's cameramen filming the gig for the local news. I believe they only had two cameras there and didn't film the entire show, just some songs.

The shows that were professionally shot were, I believe, 17, 18, and 19 November 1989, all in Sydney, and 31 December 1989 in Dublin.

Ah, that's right. Channel 10. Still, that Desire looked really cool.

:hmm: If Lowenstein directed Sydney shows, who directed the Dublin show ? (there is more than just Streets and IWF right?)

Wawawiwa! This are great news! I just hope that these remasters include a kick ass thick booklet and a concert from that era like the JT Edition. I know that one was an Aniversary Edition but still those albums deserve too, specially for the fact that they are slightly less documented parts of U2's career. The entire Red Rocks concert as a dvd for the War Edition would be fantastic! :love:

Last edited:
Axver said:

Oh yes! This is the one I'm waiting for the most! A Lovetown concert will be perfect! Specially if it comes with that great Australian documentary! If they don't add a Lovetown concert I will be very disapointed! I know they feel a little embarrased about this period but it gave them lots of great songs and come classics! The December 26 show in dvd would be a dream!

The extra tracks for this Edition could be some of the live songs from the R&H movie, like Bad, With Or Without You, Where The Streets Have No Name, In God's Country, Exit and hopefully some demos of songs that didn't make it.

But an even better edition wold be a new version of the R&H movie with scenes left out of it. Edge has said that the scenes that didn't make it are the ones that should have been in the movie. That is too unlikly though. :(

On the "Love U2" video where is God pt.2 taken from? Is this taken from a complete proshot show?

I think the complete UABRS is going to be the dvd(cd?) that represents early U2 as an official live release for that period. It would make it that much more of a big deal in terms of marketing. I hope that from the UF and up we can have actual boxsets with live dvds. However, I think realistically, we can expect the next boxset to be AB in 2010/2011.
I want it all! I want it now! :wink:

I've never been too pushed on live DVDs - I just don't watch them more than once (and then only for the curiosity). I'd rather have as many unreleased tracks and/or demos as possible. But this is great news. I'd say we'll see them packaged a la the Cure re-releases with the extra disc, but without the DVDs, and therefore priced lower than the boxed Joshua Tree.

Can't wait for the Unforgettable Fire.

the tourist said:
Wouldn't it be great if the super special deluxe edition of War came with the UABRS dvd (in full)?

That's my prediction/hope although there are no shortages of War concerts on video, so if there is a bonus dvd, it really could be anything. Either way, we can safely assume that Red Rocks will be released on DVD someday.

All I have to say is this: Full concert Point Depot DVD, bitches. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom