Boy Remastered in May ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I knew I'd forgotten something! Especially as I subscribe to the theory that Be There is from 1982, not later in the eighties.

I have only heard it a couple of times....lyrically wasn't it like "all I want is you"?

Swan269 said:
I have only heard it a couple of times....lyrically wasn't it like "all I want is you"?

It has the line "all I want is you", but it is sung completely differently.

I can't remember any other lines.

It could get expensive but it would be great if these had a second disc of rarities and a dvd like the Joshua Tree set. Instead of packaging it in a box, they could put the disc in some jewel case sized thing. Might be more plausible.

corianderstem said:
The only thing I saw was an article on CNN the other day after it had gotten the final stamp of approval; I thought I saw something like that "most people should expect the checks between May and June," if you had completed your taxes by the April 15 deadline.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though. :wink:

Oh! Probably that just means if you don't get your tax returns sent out til April 15th, you won't get your returns til May or June (which would be 6 weeks).

But it's separate from your usual return, isn't it? I know I'll get my $$ back in the normal time after I file my taxes, but this "rebate" thing (or whatever they're calling it) is completely separate. But you don't get it until you file your 2007 tax return.

... which may be exactly what you're saying, and my coffee just hasn't kicked in yet.

Axver said:

It has the line "all I want is you", but it is sung completely differently.

I can't remember any other lines.

yeah..its been a long time. I remember it though as kind of a slow meandering type number...not awful but full on bongolese...I think the lyrcis are these

You don't have to break your heart in two, my love
You don't have to play a part, it's you I love
You don't have to hide from yourself
You don't have to be someone else again
You don't have to rescue me
You don't have to watch me drown
You don't have to give to me
All I want is you

Be there, my love
Be there tonight
Be there, my love
Be there tonight

You don't have to dress yourself up or stay the same
You don't have to smile if I say smile
You don't have to be the best
You don't have to give me rest
All I want is all you have
Nothing else, nothing
Be there, my love

Just be there, my love
If you want the whole of me that's all you'll get
I'll sing this song
I'd give my health, give it all
You don't have to

Ah, she comes on by
She says, I need you, my love
She says, all I want is you

You don't have to play your little game if I fall apart
You don't have to work those strings or do those things
You're enough in my heart
You don't have to hide from yourself
You don't have to be someone else
All I want is all you have
All I want is you

Be there, my love
Be there tonight
Be there, my love
Be there tonight

Wow. I am inclined to believe that these are all coming, because of what we heard when JT was remastered, but the Amazon prices are a lot cheaper than the JT super deluxe - maybe there's no DVDs? This is going to be really expensive either way.

As for what order I'll listen to them in, if they do indeed come out on the same day, I'm going for chronological.

Axver said:
Amazon.com =/= Wikipedia.
this is true. although an unauthorised live split enz bootleg made its way onto amazon.com and is still listed as for sale, although it is out of stock. but still, that's the exception, not the norm. 99.999...% of the time, they only have official releases. on the off chance these remasters don't get released, they'll pull them from their site and cancel pre-orders.

and i don't see why some people question all three albums being released on the same day. when depeche mode did their remasters, they released everything in groups of three as well. i'm still hurting from having bought the remastered cds AND remastered vinyl :crack: :whydididothat:

oh, and as for be there...i think it sounds like elevator music.

Aaaahhhh...this is awesome news!!! I've been waiting for the 'Remastered' versions of every album up to "Pop" for the past few years. It's about time U2 remastered these 'albums' and gave them a proper release!

:hyper:

Wouldn't it be great if the super special deluxe edition of War came with the UABRS dvd (in full)?

the tourist said:

Weren't more songs omitted than just that?

On the VHS yes, but the other songs are available out there to see, I have everything on my computer (that was omitted from the VHS), EXCEPT I Fall Down, which as far as I know, has never been seen.

Last edited:
How about, then, the whole live show being released for the dvd? And if not edited together, then as bonus features (like TTTYAATW on ZooTV).

bonocomet said:
The whole live show is exactly what I'm hoping for.

And I believe if they actually release all three remasters in the same format as TJT, there's a good chance it'll happen.

full moon said:
IAM TYPING WITH MY NIPPLES!!!!!!!!!

Are you the little shirtless boy from the original cover of the Boy album? If so, what a wonderful tie-in to the actual thread.

If not, um ... how nice for you!

there goes my money...

(says the man that hasn't bought U2:18, U2:18 videos, U2 by U2, Zoo TV DVD, Vertigo Tour DVD, Joshua Tree deluxe, Passengers)

KhanadaRhodes said:
whoa, creepy.

i can't wait for hut dab to be remastered to be quieter. hut dab: the grandma version :drool: oh wait, that kinda implies it be even louder :yikes:

Hearing aids. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom