Boy Remastered in May ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flowerchildH said:
plus, can't anyone post anything for sale on Amazon.com, even if it's not official or licensed?

Amazon.com =/= Wikipedia.

Note to self: Pre-order these from Amazon in the States. NOT in my own country (Canada). I hope this is true.

Could this mean the UF would get its own remaster boxset just like the JT did? :drool:

the tourist said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

Indeed. But I am getting pretty excited over this. Boy is an awesome album; certainly wouldn't mind buying it again.

For us tax payers in the US, this is the perfect time for these to come out, if it is indeed the case: our tax "rebates" are supposed to start being mailed in May. :wink:

corianderstem said:
For us tax payers in the US, this is the perfect time for these to come out, if it is indeed the case: our tax "rebates" are supposed to start being mailed in May. :wink:

STARTING in May? Last I heard, you're supposed to get them 6 weeks (or less) after you do your taxes....

The only thing I saw was an article on CNN the other day after it had gotten the final stamp of approval; I thought I saw something like that "most people should expect the checks between May and June," if you had completed your taxes by the April 15 deadline.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though. :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

It just seems to me that U2 has done so much in the last year already--U2 18, the Popmart DVD, the JT remaster, U2 3D, talk of a new album by the end of the year. I'd argue that they're risking oversaturation with everyone except the hardcore fan base.

I don't think anyone except the harcore fanbase is going to much care. JT sold well, but not ridiculous -- ditto for U2 18 and PopMart, and everyone's too busy dragging their daughters to see HANNAH MONTANA to care much about U23D.

Get OUT!!!! :drool:

U2 to Re-release Debut Album

Following the success of the 25th Anniversary of the classic 'Joshua Tree' album last year, Island Records plan to kick start releasing the U2 back catalogue with 'Boy' on May 20.

Originally released in 1980, the Irish band's debut album failed to reach to UK charts but it could fair a lot better this time with an extra CD available alongside a re-mastered version of the original

H.A.A.R.P Confirmed
As previously reported, Muse will release a live DVD and CD of their now legendary shows that took place at Wembley Stadium in London last summer.

The 20-track DVD and 14-track CD will be called 'H.A.A.R.P' and it will hit the shops on March 17.

I Will Follow remastered that started it all for me. :sad: Tears of Joy!!!

Muse CD/DVD .... :drool:

Remastered U2 albums .... :drool:

REM this spring ...... :drool:

Madonna sometime this year .... :drool:

Springsteen concert in March .... :drool:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

It just seems to me that U2 has done so much in the last year already--U2 18, the Popmart DVD, the JT remaster, U2 3D, talk of a new album by the end of the year. I'd argue that they're risking oversaturation with everyone except the hardcore fan base.
No one but the hardcore fan base and music fans with a post-punk fetish will give a toss about Boy, October, and War remaster releases :lol:

u2place.com reports there are also rumours of a new remaster, Under a blood red sky. This new edition is scheduled for September 2008, two formats, normal and deluxe. The latter may contain a DVD of Red Rocks concert.

:hmm: Isn't this what atu2.com said too ? Under a blood red sky remaster this year ?

U2girl said:
u2place.com reports there are also rumours of a new remaster, Under a blood red sky. This new edition is scheduled for September 2008, two formats, normal and deluxe. The latter may contain a DVD of Red Rocks concert.

:hmm: Isn't this what atu2.com said too ? Under a blood red sky remaster this year ?

I believe atu2.com said May though.

Axver said:
Wait, why is this a surprise? Just a couple of months ago, we had some quotes that everything was going to be remastered in the immediate future and the forum immediately got spammed with threads creating ideal remaster tracklists. Since we hadn't heard anything about any releases though, I was starting to get skeptical that any of that was true. Nice to see that just maybe, it might be happening. Boy is dying for a remaster and there are so many unreleased songs from that era.

Exactly.

:ohmy:

:drool:

It wasn't so long ago there were very skeptical threads about a rumoured JT remaster... and now we all own it.

:drool: cannot wait.

U2girl said:

oh mother redrocks :faint:

:combust: < my creditcard.

WOW, 2008 is going to be a GREAT year in music! I'm surprised they release all three albums in May, but I'll be more than happy to have these in a remastered quality. Plus possible BONUS MATERIAL! :drool: I hope there will be a release of UABRS as well, audio and video, that would be so great.

Maybe they are going to release all three albums in one (affordable) box set?!

:hmm:

Good stuff for the fans, but also a clever move to make a new generation familiar with the band's early work.

Axver said:
I should add one more: there might be an early An Cat Dubh in U2's vault. I believe an Into The Heart-less early version existed as far back as 1978 and was entirely in Gaelic. I think it was played at the now famous Harp Lager Talent Contest. So that takes us up to a possible count of 35! And that's not moving on past Boy through the October era up to War. That has:

Some early vinyl pressings of Boy: brief Fire riff as a hidden track
Gloria single: J. Swallow
Non-album single: A Celebration, Party Girl
New Year's Day single: Treasure
SBS/THBAO single: Endless Deep

Boy Tour unreleased songs: Father Is An Elephant, Carry Me Home, When I Fall Down (early I Fall Down with no keyboard)

My favourite unreleased song that Bono once mentioned in an interview from late 1980: Assaulted By Underpants!

War demos: Like A Song, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Surrender, and shitloads of versions of Two Hearts Beat As One

And surely more stuff hiding in the vaults ...

there is that "be there" song from an undetermined early period

Axver said:

I believe atu2.com said May though.

Could be mix up due to all the rumours.

I'm guessing they will stick to the "two releases a year" policy with the remasters ? Dec 2007 for JT, May 2008 for first three albums, Fall of 2008 for UABRS etc

phanan said:
Normally I would agree, but with the recent quotes directly from U2's camp that more remasters are on the way, this seems more than plausible to me.

:yes:
McGuiness said they'd get back into the whole catalogue, and there were reports of Steve Averill being excited about working on all the remasters' artwork before JT got released.

Last edited:
Swan269 said:
there is that "be there" song from an undetermined early period

I knew I'd forgotten something! Especially as I subscribe to the theory that Be There is from 1982, not later in the eighties.

Back
Top Bottom