BOY appreciation time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabird

War Child
with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she
I just listened to this entire album, and it sounded better than it ever did. I like all the songs, and the voice and musical style they had at the time. I don't think it's dated and it holds up well. It's a quality piece of U2's catalog, especially considering they were so young and inexperienced at the time. They were cute too:cute:

Mmm, yes. Easily one of the most exciting debut albums ever. I mean, how many bands put -everything- into their first album and then are left with zero ideas? Whereas, looking back now, "Boy" is clearly but a first step and everything a great debut should be. I even love "The Ocean" which is really a sketch rather than a full song.

Great album. :up:

I listened to Out of Control for about two weeks straight in February, around my birthday.

Boy to me Ties with UF for 2nd favourite U2 album after AB. I love every single song on it as well..... everytime i hear Out of Control I fall in love with it all over again! The best debut album ever!

It is a neat debut album. "The Ocean" is a neat, simple, little song. I like the music in it, and the ocean-like sound in there.

"Shadows and Tall Trees", "An Cat Dubh", "A Day Without Me", and "I Will Follow" are a few of my personal favorite songs off of there ("An Cat Dubh" has awesome music in it!).

"Out Of Control" is a great song, too. :up:.

"Stories For Boys" is a weird song...but I like that one, too.

Angela

I think it's one of the best debut albums I've heard, honestly. There's an indescribable vibe on it that's just amazing, and quite infectious. Maybe it's just their youth, but man, that's some great, catchy and highly unique songwriting with some real drive behind it.

Great stuff! :up:

I Will Follow, one of my favorite U2 songs , ever
puts me the batteries, all the album is very energetic

Seabird said:
I don't think it's dated and it holds up well.
Well, that's half-right. It has definitely dated (listen to "A Day Without Me," ferchrissake), but it's also held up well regardless.

I recently discovered The Electric Co. I can't believe I overlooked this song this long . . .

I'm hoping they ressurect it for the next tour. And if the tour follows the path of the new album (i.e. "scorching guitar" album), maybe it would be prime time to bring it back . . . I've been informed that it was incredible live. Based on some of the bootlegs I've found of it, that seems about right.

An Cat Dubh is a superb song, and of course flows right into "Into the Heart."

Edge did some of his best guitar work on Boy, I think.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
I recently discovered The Electric Co. I can't believe I overlooked this song this long . . .

I'm hoping they ressurect it for the next tour. And if the tour follows the path of the new album (i.e. "scorching guitar" album), maybe it would be prime time to bring it back . . . I've been informed that it was incredible live. Based on some of the bootlegs I've found of it, that seems about right.

:up:

That's my favorite song from the album... good riff, good tune, good record.

Out of Control as well :up: (especially live on the Elevation tour, nice surprise).

Back
Top Bottom