Boston Elevation DVD mp3s.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2U2

The Fly
Has anyone posted mp3s of the Boston DVD yet?

I figured some enterprising fans may toss the audio up on the net.

You don't get the whole visual experience but it would be great to crank the tunes in the car!

Anyone know?

I figure it's only a matter of time before they're ripped.

Or you could just get the bootlegs to any of the Boston shows.
smile.gif
Same thing, no?

The bootlegs to the Boston shows are good but it's not the same as having the sound perfectly mixed by Joe.

So no mp3s up yet, huh?

I know that Mark Freedman who runs U2bloodredsky has stated that he won't be posting mp3s of the show because it is being released officially.

I would like to get my hands on mp3s though while I'm waiting for the DVD to be released.

I agree Skeek!

Although I think Mark Freedman wouldn't post the earpiece bootleg recording of the June 6th show because he didn't want to conflict with the official DVD release but maybe he would be up for spreading the audio of the official release.

I will buy the DVD because it is awesome and I will always support the band!

But since U2 didn't put out a full live album of the DVD I'd love the mp3s to crank in the car!

I guess we'll see...

let mark do what he does. he does way too much as is...you want mp3's off the dvd...rip them yourself.

Originally posted by Arun V:
let mark do what he does. he does way too much as is...you want mp3's off the dvd...rip them yourself.

How exactly would we go about that? Is it possible to access only the audio tracks?

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

I think i found out how to do it...I'm goign to give it a go I'll let you knwo what happens.

I manged to get an mp3 of elevation and BD..but there was this horrible static ever other two seconds which was god awful..and I mean awful...still working on it

I just figeured out an easy way to do this...get a cd recorder..not a burner and record the dvd audio to cd..and just rip teh cd.

Yeah.. it's perfectly simple! just so long as you can in fact get the DVD at your local superamerican best buy

OK, I don't think I was being clear about this --

I will NOT post MP3s ripped directly the official release. I WILL post independently made recordings, and I already have posted all of those from Boston, including the 6/6 SB (or earpiece, or whatever it actually was -- if anyone knows, please tell me so I can correct it in the catalog).

The DVD was produced / mixed from two dates, and *not* what I would consider the *real thing* (because of the OVERproduction), although it does sound great.

I have posted several shows that had "official" releases, but only from independent recorders. That is why I have never posted several tracks from Rattle & Hum, for example. I still hope to find other sources for some of those.

Bottom line -- I will not post MP3s ripped from the DVD (or recorded from the broadcasts of that DVD). Several people have uploaded these to me, but I cannot post them.

Thanks.

- Mark

I knew what you meant Mark! And your decision makes perfect sense as well.. that doesn't mean I won't go looking for the mp3s somewhere else..after all, we can't expect your site to have EVERYTHING!
wink.gif

There are ( at least ) two ways of doing this yourself >>> if you have a DVD-ROM player & the DVD itself, of course.
1. There is a software called TOTAL RECORDER, which records everything you play through your sound card ( the sound from the dvd ) and you get a audio file (.MP3 if you want ).
2. If you have the software to rip DVD's to dIVx format, you can rip the audio from the dvd directly ( you have to rip sound & picture, which can take up to 12 hours on some copmputers ). After ripping you get a large video & a large audio file. forget the video file and cut the audio file. There you have it !
I hope this wasn't too boring...
T.

I haven't ripped anything for a while. But if you are looking for a software, you can find ANYTHING you want on this adress :

dvd.box.sk

Enjoy ! T.

Back
Top Bottom