Boston Elevation DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Still_Running44

The Fly
I had a question about this DVD before Kite Bono talks about him being sick and his voice being really bad at a concert in Albany. Does anyone have any comments on that show or anything to add to that comment? Thanks and thanks for everyone welcoming me and being so friendly

I don't recall anything about Albany as such... but I do know that the DVD was filmed at the third of four (I think) Boston shows, and that on the first three, Bono kept his voice in check, but on the fourth - which was not filmed - he really cut loose. Dunno if that's useful to you.

bgmckinney said:
I don't recall anything about Albany as such... but I do know that the DVD was filmed at the third of four (I think) Boston shows, and that on the first three, Bono kept his voice in check, but on the fourth - which was not filmed - he really cut loose. Dunno if that's useful to you.

The Boston DVD was primarily filmed at the second show, 6 June. There is some footage from 5 June (first show) and a little bit from 9 June (fourth show).

bgmckinney said:
There's 9 June footage on the DVD? Do you know which tracks?

The Easter eggs of Elevation and UTEOTW are from the "Bono cam" footage on 9 June.

I honestly haven't watched the Boston DVD in so long that I don't recall how much of the 9 June "Bono cam" footage is mixed into the actual main feature. I think there's a couple of short bits in places.

Obviously its only for the first 3 tracks, as Bono, most of the time during the Elevation tour, took of the glasses after UTEOTW right?

So It'll be a mix for Elevation, Beautiful Day and End Of The World

I have a couple of recordings of the Albany gig, and B's voice is a bit off but not really bad (not Tempe/Sarajevo shot). I was at the Hartford gig a day later (3 June) and he was fine. He actually commented on it at the show, that he'd been sick in Albany but he was "singing like a bird tonight".

i was at the albany and hartford shows and his voice was shot in albany. it was really really bad actually but the show was still good.

hartford his voice was still hurting but it was better.

o ok thanks i was just wondering how bad it was cuz i have the sarejevo pop show and the jt tempe show and i know it was poor there but just wanted to compare it to something thanks

Anyone here know more shows were his voice is realy terrrible:

Here's the ones I know:

1985-02-02 - Munich
1985-02-08 - Zurich
1987-04-02 - Tempe
1989-12-18 - Amsterdam
1997-09-23 - Sarajevo
2001-06-02 - Albany

I havent heard any ZooTV show where he sound terrible, sure he was a bit weaker in the Zooropa/Zoomerang legs compare to the three first legs in 92, but I have never heard him sound terrbile under ZooTV.

Back
Top Bottom