Boston DVD on Vh1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
November 23, 2001. Mark your calendars! Of course, a week after that you will be able to buy it but still
smile.gif

Originally posted by baker6621:
November 23, 2001. Mark your calendars! Of course, a week after that you will be able to buy it but still
smile.gif

They are going to play the whole DVD?

CK

Originally posted by Guy With The Stuff:
Indeed. I doubt Much Music will show it
frown.gif

Much More Music picks up a lot more VH1 programming than Much Music. get your digital boxes quick!

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

They do.. but often it's a lot later.. like when the DVD is already out. But who knows? maybe we'll get lucky.

Even if they showed it, I wouldn't watch it until I bought the DVD. The quality is just incomparable, and I can wait an extra few days.

I'd be willing to bet that VH1 will cut out a lot of the performance of less-known songs like they did when they broadcasted the Popmart Mexico City concert. That concert had almost every song from Pop cut, plus several others. It sucked!

Originally posted by Zoocoustic:
I'd be willing to bet that VH1 will cut out a lot of the performance of less-known songs like they did when they broadcasted the Popmart Mexico City concert. That concert had almost every song from Pop cut, plus several others. It sucked!

VH1 broadcasted PopMart? I know Showtime boradcasted the entire concert, but was unaware of VH1 doing it. I was in college during Popmart and had to order up showtime for a month. Off course, since I was in charge of the cable bill, I equally divided up the bill....even though I was the only one to watch it..

CK

Yes, they did. I think it was about a year ago? Maybe it was right before the tour started. Regardless, it wasn't too long ago.

It was horrible. They did the intro, then completely cut out Mofo and went straight into I Will Follow. I think the only Pop song that was broadcast was Discotheque. HMTMKMKM was cut, I think so was UTEOTW. I don't remember exactly everything that was cut because after the first few songs when I realized what they were doing, I lost interest and only flipped to it occasionally to see what they were butchering next.

I'm sure they did it due to time constraints and advertising, which is why I'd bet they'll do it to the Elevation show too.

Hopefully not though......

VH-1 showed an edited Popmart last November. It'll be nice to have a preview of the new show, though. Thanks for the heads-up, baker.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Back
Top Bottom