Boston area fan gathering 4/27 at Laser Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
Hi all,

Just letting you know that the NewEnglandU2Fans list is having a gathering to the U2 laser show in Boston on Saturday night 4/27 at 8pm. The laser show is at the Museum of Science. The cost is $8/per adult ticket.

"The classic Irish rock band returns to Boston. Bringing together classic hits from the 80's to today, Laser U2 captures the band's distinctive classic sound and translates it to a spectacular feast
for the eyes. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll sing along."

For more info and to purchase tickets, check out the Museum website
at: http://www.mos.org/whats_happening/shows/laser-166.html

If you are interested in joining us..please subscribe to our list to learn more information. Our listserv is a great way to meet up with other U2 fans and to chat with others while we play the waiting game
for the next album and tour. Please pass this around if you know of other U2 fans in NE who might be interested in joining and coming to the gathering.

Thanks!

NewEnglandU2Fans INFORMATION:
Post message: NewEnglandU2Fans@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: NewEnglandU2Fans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: NewEnglandU2Fans-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: NewEnglandU2Fans-owner@yahoogroups.com

Oh, and Hewson - this is all happening because of your tip to the Laser show!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Thanks!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 04-09-2002).]

I sure wish I could make it Anne, even though I'm way over here on the other side of the world...California. I'd love to meet many of the wonderful U2 fans of Boston, as well as the fans on Interference. I have a wonderful friend there as well who frequents Interference...I hope you can make it to this U2junkie.
wink.gif

Chris

I wish I could make it that night Anne!

I have tickets to see Garbage at the Avalon though
biggrin.gif

------------------
Behind closed doors and under stars
It doesn't matter where you are
Collecting jewels that catch your eye
Don't let a soulmate pass you by

I was wondering if you would be able to go Kathleen! It would have been nice to meet you! Garbage sounds fun though, and I'm sure we'll meet at some point!

Are you going to be able to see the Laser show while it's running?

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I sure wish I could make it Anne, even though I'm way over here on the other side of the world...California. I'd love to meet many of the wonderful U2 fans of Boston, as well as the fans on Interference. I have a wonderful friend there as well who frequents Interference...I hope you can make it to this U2junkie.
wink.gif

Chris

I wish you and all Interference fans could be there too! Since I've been meeting fans online, I've meet a lot of fans in California. If I ever get there my list of people to meet is growing! All U2 fans everywhere are so awesome!

I actually made it to the show last night! And I must say it was VERY good
smile.gif
They guy who designed it was more than your average U2 fan as well... there were little things you could pick up on etc that just your everyday fan would get!
biggrin.gif
Plus it was great because they did good variation of songs, not just the new stuff, and not just the huge hits either
smile.gif
I was able to drag my boyfriend along with me after asking all last weekend to go, and I think he had a better time than I did!!
biggrin.gif
I definetly recommend though that anyone who can goes and check it out! Even to just sit and listen to the music on their incredible sound system is enough!

------------------
Taking Chances...Magic Happens

I'm glad you had a great time Kathleen!
I'm posting a reminder to anyone that can make it about the Yahoo group meeting tomorrow night and just read your message!

I psyched to see the show tomorrow night!

I wish you could make it tomorrow, but glad you got to see it Kathleen! I hope you can make it to see it too Hewson! Oh, the fan group is meeting at the piano stairs on the way to the theatre around 7:00 pm.

------------------
?....we?re being thrown out of the studio, we spent 10 minutes writing this next song, 10 minutes recording it, 10 minutes mixing it, 10 minutes playing it back and that?s nothing to do with why it?s called ?40??.? ? Bono - 4/29/87, Chicago, IL

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 04-26-2002).]

Don't think I'm gonna make it Anne. I'm going to the Bruins game in the afternoon with the guys, then heading back to north shore to collect the Mrs. for dinner, doubt I could get back to Cambridge in time.
Enjoy, I'll catch the show one of the next couple of weekends.

I hope you have a great time at the Bruins game and an awesome dinner with the Mrs.! Sound like fun!

I think the show is playing a couple more times through mid May.

Back
Top Bottom