Bookography, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Well, the end of the year is approaching (the school year, anyways), and the B&N gift cards are starting to roll in. :cool: I've already got my eye on an expensive pie baking book (I know, try to control your excitement), but what other U2 books should I get? Here's what I have: Unforgettable Fire :rolleyes:, At the End of the World, A Conspiracy of Hope, Walk On, Complete Encyclopedia, Complete Songs, the Every Concert They Played book (you know the one I mean), and I think that's it. I guess I need the knew This is What I Think of the Lyrics book. (What's the name of that?) What else am I missing, besides that dreadful book by the grown woman who followed them around for the JT tour and beyond?

You mean that book that claims to be the "story behind every U2 song" which is really "one dudes personal opinions about what U2 songs mean and are quite often totally fecked up" ??? :D I think it's called "Into the Heart - The stories behind every U2 song" by Niall Stokes. :p

sulawesigirl4 said:
You mean that book that claims to be the "story behind every U2 song" which is really "one dudes personal opinions about what U2 songs mean and are quite often totally fecked up" ??? :D

My favourite part of the book was when they did almost 2 pages worth of stupid ramblings about Pop (under the heading of "Discotheque", no less), then concluded with a comment about how complicated Discotheque is, and that is was basically about .. uh, something about the flesh? :huh: What I'm trying to say is, why couldn't he have cut all those ramblings about Pop out and just written about what he thought Discotheque was about? I mean, look at the damn title! :scream: He probably didn't even have a clue.

There's also Outside Is America or Road To Pop(which is just an update of OIA) by Carter Alan. He's a Boston DJ/music director who is a huge U2 supporter.

Unfortunately they had a 'falling out' w/ him because he wrote the book-I think it was mostly:larry: who was mad. The whole thing confused me-but anyway, they made up I guess;he introduced them in Boston.

Soap opera aside, from what I remember, it's a decent book. Don't know if you can find it in B&N, but their site might have it.

But I'm really excited about that pie baking book:D

I also want to charm in about Carter Alan...

When I became a U2 fan way back in the day, it was Outside Is America that really meant something to me, and expressed in detail how I felt about the band, and provided alot of insight into the kind of people U2 were/are.

I felt so strongly about it that I wrote Carter a letter, and he was kind enough to write me back.. both times.

Yeah, sula, that's the one.:lemon: Should I get it?

And, I forgot about the Carter Alan book; I'll look for it.

As for the pie book, let me just say that the blueberry muffins I just took out of the oven are lookin' and smellin' pretty good!:up: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom