Bono's Wire Rapping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
What does everyone think of it? I hardly ever hear it mentioned on the board.

"In some white track
You come right back
Cartoon cutout
Cut throat let out
I'm on your side
Be on the both side
I'm on right track
You get off my back
I'm no dope
I give you hope

Here's the rope
Here's the rope
Now...swing away"

I'd love to hear Bono rap this over Rapper's Delight at a future concert...maybe if they bring back Edge karaoke? :lol:

Personally, I like it. 'Wire' was my favorite U2 song until Achtung Baby came out and I heard 'Until The End Of The World'... :love:

angelordevil said:

:lol:

That was brutal! He was obviously going through a personal crisis.

Do some people actually rap as a cure for a midlife crisis? :uhoh:

They shouldn't. :huh:

I think the Wire "rap" was even better live when Bono added a snippet of Give Me Some Truth to the end.

Wire is great...and by the way, Bullet with the rapping is many, many times better than the miserable "Hands/Johnny" Vertigo version :(

LemonMelon said:

"In some white track
You come right back
Cartoon cutout
Cut throat let out
I'm on your side
Be on the both side
I'm on right track
You get off my back
I'm no dope
I give you hope

Here's the rope
Here's the rope
Now...swing away"

I thought he said "cut throat, bled out" ... but I could be wrong.

Wire, in my opinion is Adam's finest moment. When I got Tough, here I was expecting this beautiful, atmospheric ballad, and I got ass-kicking bass and the closest U2 have come to NWA. Lovin it :drool:

Axver said:
I think the Wire "rap" was even better live when Bono added a snippet of Give Me Some Truth to the end.

*ahem* :shifty: thefonz_29@hotmail.com :shh:

I never saw it as a rap. I love that part anyway. Great lyrics, I have a live version where Bono sings a part of Gimme Some Truth at the end, and I think that the style of that song inspired him to write that specific part in Wire. Awesome! He was extremelly influenced by John Lennon at that time. I hope U2 write more songs with the kind of taw energy that this song has.

Back
Top Bottom