Bono's voice in "In A Little While". Do you like it or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like Bono's voice in "In A Little While" or not?

• yes

Votes: 90 89.1%
  • no

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I like it. It's part of what makes the song great in my opinion. I know that there's a lot of people who don't like it but the soar is awesome and adds a lot to the song. So, what's your opinion? Do you like it or not and why? :)

No... esp. during these lines, it sounds too strained.

Since you were a little girl
With Spanish eyes
Oh, when I saw her
In a pram they pushed her by
My, how you've grown
Well it's been
It's been a little while

I don't blame him though, he's human after all.

The way Bono's voice sounds is as essential to this song as the drum beat, or the tone in Edge's guitar. A clear reading would have destroyed it.

Zootlesque said:
No... esp. during these lines, it sounds too strained.

Since you were a little girl
With Spanish eyes
Oh, when I saw her
In a pram they pushed her by
My, how you've grown
Well it's been
It's been a little while

I don't blame him though, he's human after all.

I think his voice is supposed to sound strained, it adds a feeling of desperation to the mood.

I love it. My favorite song on the album since the day it came out. Awesome groove.

Yes. I like the scratchiness, but I love the way he jumps an octave during the "uh-oooh" part. :heart:

I'm dissapointed, Brazilian Fly, I saw the title of the poll and couldn't wait to answer it but then I was :sad: when I saw I could only choose between "yes" and "no".

I wanted to shout yell dance clapp and siiiiiiiiing

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

I LOVE it SO much!! His voice is awesome on it, imo.

It's PERFECT!
Oh dear, I'm getting excited :ohmy:

This song made me want to learn to play the guitar and I haven't put it down since. It really brought me here since I only found this place through the now-deceased guitar archive.

Oh mercy, love his voice on that song. Its kinda scratchy, kinda sounds like he's suffering from something...Definitely sexy. Wait a sec, can anyone think of a song where he DIDN'T sound sexy? I sure can't.

Back
Top Bottom