Bono's voice has got worned out - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ifeelnumb84

Yeah, that's really sweet that they brought back a great song like "Touch." I like how it flowed right into "Things To Make And Do" which flowed into "These Songs won't be played again, ever"
I was just thinking today that it wouldve been cool if they shook thi9ngs up and played touch at the superdome. Bd d d d d uh uh uh shk ah lol

Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Come on people, the guy has been on a much deserved vacation enjoying himself. He has obviously been re-charging his batteries this summer, for the most part anyway, big deal!! He deserves to give it a rest.
The voice is a muscle and just like exercise it takes a little bit to get back in shape. Lay off! The B man is awesome no matter what he sounds like! Hawaii is going to be incredible!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #48
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 08:35 PM
These threads crack me up. Leave the rock star alone. Let him do his thing. Besides, Bono has a raspy voice, so what?
Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 AM   #49
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 AM   #50
War Child

I dont think he sounded that bad.

But I do think he owes it to his fans (and to himself) to lay off the cigs and the red wine damnit! Don't thank us for giving you a great life...clock in to your job like the rest of us.

Bitching aside, I think he is sounding good and actually looking cool for the first time since Popmart.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #51
Refugee

I will take Bono with POPmart voice over anything they have done after that.

And as said you can bet on it that he will sound a lot better when the concerts continue.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #52
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by schnumi
I will take Bono with POPmart voice over anything they have done after that.

And as said you can bet on it that he will sound a lot better when the concerts continue.
Sure Bono could hit some high keys on Popmart, also his falsetto was still strong back then. But he was very shaky and sometimes the voice went not so personal like it is now. On the Vertigo tour he hit high C on "Wide Awake" in Bad very high, he sings WTSHNN in its original key, wich he didnt do on Popmart. Just compare how he sings Discotheque on Popmart and on Vertigo Tour. He has so much more power and force on the Vertigo version.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #53
The Fly

Popmart was definitely what I would call Bono's low point vocally. Just due to the sheer number of nights that he sounded totally out of gas. Post-2000 live Bono has been pretty damn good to me, and I hope he keeps it up.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #54
Refugee

Local Time: 12:35 AM
I just heard the Superdome performance tonight (I have been out of the country for three weeks.) My impression was that both Bono and Billie Joe were off key, and that Bono did sound raspy. But consider that a) the noise level inside the dome must have been incredible so trying to hit notes would have been tough and b) U2 hasn't performed in public as a band since Buenos Aires, so you can't expect him or them to be perfect the first timeout. The studio is a lot different than playing inside a place that huge.

I will say Edge was on target as always and it was wonderful to hear the ovation he got. After hearing about this for weeks and reading about it on the boards, it was fun to finally watch it.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:00 AM   #55
New Yorker

Heres a question for all who is good on keys/notes, the way he sings "Keep my EYES down below" does that type of singing damage your voice, because my thougt is would it be possible for him to use the voice power in ISHFWILF or does that damage your voice if you sing it all nights on a tour? Would be great to hear him use this kind of singing in ISHFWILF
Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

He may be raspy and thinner vocally but I'll take his current (Electrical Storm - Bomb - Vertigo tour) voice over Popmart and Elevation.

I'm sure he will sound better on tour than such one-nighters.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:18 AM   #57
New Yorker

Listen to this version of Ultraviolet in time 4:39, he is holding that note very long. Reminds me of the "Sing" note in SYCMIOYO

http://www.send space.com/file/mxqmhm
Old 10-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Well, based on Don't give up, I don't think we have much to worry. Sure the voice got thinner and not as clean tone as pre-1990, but I'd gladly trade that for those notes.
I thought the previous two lines were his peak for that song but then "keep my EYES down below" and "WHATEVER may go". Wow.

I don't think he could endure such notes on a nightly basis - I mean there is Sometimes "sing" and "l'amour" in Miss Sarajevo but that's two moments, not entire verses so high like I still haven't found.

I'd be interested in hearing singers' opinion on this though.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:34 AM   #59
War Child

He hasn't lost a thing, but sometimes I think he is more than a little bit out of practice. The first leg of the Vertigo Tour is a prime example. The first several dates he seemed to be struggling to reign it all in, especially the lighter songs that require touch and finesse rather than raw power. As the tour progressed, he seemed to get stronger and more focused.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #60
New Yorker

Heres a question for all who is good on keys/notes, the way he sings "Keep my EYES down below" does that type of singing damage your voice, because my thougt is would it be possible for him to use the voice power in ISHFWILF or does that damage your voice if you sing it all nights on a tour? Would be great to hear him use this kind of singing in ISHFWILF