Bono's vocals Dying Sailor to his Shipmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
Bono's vocals in Dying sailor are some of his best in years. This song seems to caprture he vertigo tour voice. I think the vocals in the song are some of his best as of late and even to date. His voice just sounds smooth and deep and it has a fullness that has been lost on many recent U2 recordings including HTDAAB and Window in the skies. I hope his vocals on the new album will be as rich. What do u guys think

I've only heard a clip of it, but it was really sad. It figures that Bono would pick the most emotional song of the bunch for that pirate album.

I so love this song, it's melancholic, a bit eerie, with a GREAT vocal performance from Bono, definitly one of the best songs of the album. I have the "Rogue's gallery" and think it's a very good album.

I also have a wma file of this song and have uploaded it. So if someone wants it, please leave your mail OR e-mail me at

zypresse28 at yahoo.de

:)

Great song :drool:

I said before, Bono's voice is perfect for this type of singing style.

Apparently he recorded it in 1 take.

^ Wayne, I agree, Bono should sing stuff like that more often, it suits his voice very well. The song gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

DevilsShoes, you have mail!

What a great song!!! :happy:

Yeah Bono's voice does really suit that style, its perfect for the theme of the album.

Thank you so much Last Unicorn :bow:

This was the last song I was listening to on my IPOD before I spilt water all over it today... kind of ironic because my IPOD is now like the dying sailor... :( Anybody know how to fix a waterlogged IPOD... or has it gone to IPOD heaven?

But yes, Bono's voice is absolutely gorgeous here; I love the "eeriness" of it, it gives me goosebumps...

I would love to hear this :drool: Admiral Nelson's rum :drool:
brown_eyedgirl @ earthlink.net

I love the story of Admiral Nelson and war, love, battle ships and sailors in the movie That Hamilton Woman (1941, Laurence Olivier, Vivien Leigh)

I spilled beer on my cell phone and now it doesn't work :( I don't know how to fix an ipod after spilling water on it, maybe somebody will have some advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom