Bono's vocal on Band Aid 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
OK, so most of us can agree that Bono's vocals have been pretty amazing lately.

Truly astounding given all of the damage he has done to his vocal cords over the years.

SO: why the heck did they use that vocal for his line in Band Aid??? The second half sounds OK and I can respect that he has to sing it differently this time around. But the "thank god" part was real rough. I often like the scratchy sound but not here. He needed to belt it and then end with a whisper and soulful voice.

Hey, the man is one of the greatest singers alive - I just wanted a great vocal 20 years on. I know he can do it!

Why not do a couple dozen takes and then pick the best one???

BTW, he sounded great today.

Yep he sounds crap on a crap record. The original vocal he did for the song 20 years ago sounds like its from a different singer, and yet on the new album his voice sounds great especially on Original Of The Species, he is singing at the top of his voice on that one. Could it be studio jiggery pokery going on here?????

i think i've been so obsessed with the new album that i have no idea what this band aid 20 thing is.

rjhbonovox said:
Could it be studio jiggery pokery going on here?????

On Hut Dab? Considering recent live performances, I'd think not. I was shocked when I heard how poorly Bono sung his line. Then again, the entire thing is terrible, so he doesn't stand out as atrocious.

mikal

Consider yourself lucky. It's a steaming pile of shit a dog wouldn't sniff. Igonore it and enjoy the record. Let the pop kids have this one. Honestly, I have laid farts 5 years ago that are more interesting than Band Aid 20.

MrBrau1 said:
mikal

Consider yourself lucky. It's a steaming pile of shit a dog wouldn't sniff. Igonore it and enjoy the record. Let the pop kids have this one. Honestly, I have laid farts 5 years ago that are more interesting than Band Aid 20.

ok. normally i'm up on all this stuff but the talk of mad cow disease has forced me to hide in my basement for most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom