Bono's up next on Image Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hitler was a damn good speaker, motivator and leader. Too bad, his whole philosophy was perverted.

U2Man said:

understatement of the century?

Nice to see that you've only read that part, and not the rest of my post!
it's an understatement, but still, I certainly hope you get the message

Wow, Hitler guys, Hitler.

I'm going to change the topic to Dwight, enjoy:

capture018di7.png

U2Man said:

hitler got great reactions from the crowds he was speaking to, too. still, most sane people today would find his speaking style appalling.

Yes that's so relevant to Bono's speech and to this thread. So that's what you honestly meant by dictatorial?

I guess you have never been in an African American church, as others have tried to explain to you that's the style of speaking. It's hardly like a dictator. It's inspirational and filled with positive emotion and energy.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Yes that's so relevant to Bono's speech and to this thread. So that's what you honestly meant by dictatorial?

it wasnt me who started talking about crowd reactions. i was just giving an example of the fact that just because the crowds are cheering, that doesnt mean you cannot be appalling in other people's eyes. people always become less intelligent when they're in a crowd for some reason.

The people who cheered Hitler are hardly comparable to the people who were cheering Bono in that NAACP Image Awards speech. Are you seriously suggesting that they are?

U2Man said:

hitler got great reactions from the crowds he was speaking to, too.

LOL. It's not everyday that somebody compares Bono to Hitler. Maybe I should start a "Bono vs Hitler" thread. :hmm:

BTW, you're kidding... right?

SpaceOddity said:

LOL. It's not everyday that somebody compares Bono to Hitler. Maybe I should start a "Bono vs Hitler" thread. :hmm:

i did not compare bono to hitler.

MrsSpringsteen said:
The people who cheered Hitler are hardly comparable to the people who were cheering Bono in that NAACP Image Awards speech. Are you seriously suggesting that they are?

um, well, hitler's crowds were huge and consisted of "ordinary" german people.

cool stuff, bono's speech was good stuff, he didn't repeat any of his old quotes really.

the end actually gave me chills

SpaceOddity said:

I have a feeling it would end better than any Bono vs. Freddie Mercury thread.

PK, come to the States & I'll take you to a great African American gospel church here in DC. Or watch "Blues Brothers" for a paradoy of one. You'd see that Bono was using that type of feel/environment in delivering his speech--since the audience to whom he was delivering the speech are very familiar with that environement/feel. Looking at it from that angle, his passion really isn't so bad at all.

Come on over...it'll give me a reason to go to church on a non-holiday. :lol:

thanks.

i know, i know bono was trying to be all african american gospel preacher here. all i said was that i preferred the way he delivered his speech at the national prayer breakfast, because it suited him better. then people went nuts :shrug:

Well, you have to admit that "appalling" was maybe an exaggeration to explain how you preferred one style over the other.

And that brining Hitler into the equation is never a good idea.

:wink:

:hmm:

Maybe U2 should rename themselves "Der Fuhrer."

(you'll have to imagine the umlauts over the "u". Damned American keyboards.)

MrsSpringsteen said:

I guess you have never been in an African American church, as others have tried to explain to you that's the style of speaking. It's hardly like a dictator. It's inspirational and filled with positive emotion and energy.

:up:

^ :up::up:

Is it necessary to trash every thread about Bono for the fun of it? :hmm: I mean I know we need a balance, but can we maybe keep - at least - this thread positive? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom