Bono's Stage calls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gherman said:
Were those calls Bono made to the president during ZOO TV staged or we they real calls to the President?

Well if they were "staged" then Bush Sr. fell for it... for he reference the calls during one of his speaches.

They were genuine calls, not that he ever actually got through to the president.

real calls.... I remember in Lausanne he called a swiss banker..... in Zurich he called a taxi.... and yes, Bush Sr. made a reference to him during one of his speech in 93 saying that "every night he was receiving calls from a man named BONO, singer of this bad rock band U2....."....... hahahahaha:wink:

Does anyone have the love is blindness live version from 93 i think where he calls ali or something?

I was wondering because I was watching a Youtube video of Ultraviolet from DC and he was takling to someone at the Whitehouse but I was just wondering if was a recording that he just used every night.

they're real calls. the public number for the white house is 202-456-1212. if you watch the zootv dc show, they have a close-up of him dialing, and he dials that number. try it....you get a phone operator for the white house! i prank-page fellow students & residents to the number when i work in the hospital :wink:

They were real , like the onde from the DC Dvd before a perfect version of UV :drool: Bono calls , and says 'Is that the wh' , then after the phone lady asnwers , he says

-I want to speak with Georger" and then she
-George Who ? ; Bono:
-George The President , Mr. , Mr. Bush Please
-The Pres. is not avail. , then Bono soundin really disappointed :lol:
-G. B. is not available to MEEEE !? Well Guess I'm not so important as I thought to be , can I leave a message ?
-Just tell him to watch more Telev.....

Then I read some day George Bush 'saying He didnt have anything against them , but didnt understand why they keep "pursuing him" '.

J_NP said:
They were real , like the onde from the DC Dvd before a perfect version of UV :drool: Bono calls , and says 'Is that the wh' , then after the phone lady asnwers , he says

-I want to speak with Georger" and then she
-George Who ? ; Bono:
-George The President , Mr. , Mr. Bush Please
-The Pres. is not avail. , then Bono soundin really disappointed :lol:
-G. B. is not available to MEEEE !? Well Guess I'm not so important as I thought to be , can I leave a message ?
-Just tell him to watch more Telev.....

Then I read some day George Bush 'saying He didnt have anything against them , but didnt understand why they keep "pursuing him" '.

Yeah!! I have this bootleg!! Very funny that call there!!:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom