Bono's Scrapbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocifer

Acrobat
Not sure if anyone's posted this but I was just checking out Rollingstone.com and found this cool little interview with Bono:

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=1296

Hope this shit works...

Oh - and I love the way Bono describes "mofo":

The show opened with "Mofo," and it was an incredible opening. We came through the crowd like boxers, and I had this hood on. I actually had Oscar De La Hoya's boxing jacket -- that's what I was wearing. I took that off, walked up to the microphone and the lyrics were, "Looking for to save my soul/Looking into the places where no flowers grow/Looking for to fill that God-shaped hole/Mother, mothersucking rock & roll."

It's a blues. And it is a prayer. It was set in this kind of wind tunnel of electronica. But it was black blues. One of the most extraordinary things for me, in the last twenty years, was walking through that crowd, punching the air, and who are you going up against? Yourself. Then in the middle of it all, the song just stops, and the middle eight is, "Mother, am I still your son? I've waited so long to hear you say so." Just like a child, in the midst of burning Disneyland down.

I think U2 does opera very well on a grand scale. The fireworks from the Elevation tour were internal, but sometimes it's great to fill the sky with color.

-[z]-

Back
Top Bottom