Bonos Renovations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Bono rocked as council stalls on revamp plans
Friday 18 January 2008, by Corinne/Dead

U2 frontman Bono got his new year off to a frustrating start after having to go back to the council to receive permission to carry out a raft of renovations to his multi- million euro Killiney estate.

He and his chart-topping band members may have ruled supreme in the charts over the past three decades, but when it comes to our complicated planning laws, it seems he has to face the same rigorous application process as everyone else.

The rock star has been trying for the last number of months to get the green light from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown to build a studio and a gardener’s shelter on the grounds of his expansive property off Vico Road.

But after reading through his initial plans, the council then requested additional information from the world-famous showman and he was forced to resubmit his application at the start of this month.

On January 4, 2008, he sent back the proposal to carry out his building plans and the council’s planning department now has four weeks from that date to decide whether to give him the green light.

Submitted in his real name of Paul Hewson, his plan also includes felling a number of trees and isn’t expected to meet with much opposition from his well-heeled neighbours.

However, Bono is just the latest member of U2 — who are worth an estimated ’681m — who have gone to the council to carry out changes to their dream pads.

The band’s dummer Larry Mullen hit the headlines over the weekend after it emerged that he’s trying to demolish a 1m house that he owns in the upmarket Bailey area of Howth in north county Dublin.

He’s hoping to knock down Ros Mora, a two-storey six bedroom house as it’s blocking the sea view from his adjacent home on Claremont Road.

Should he get the go-ahead, he plans to add a first-floor office and bedroom and build a large conservatory which will enjoy stunning views out to Ireland’s Eye.

Another member who loves changing around his palatial pad is fellow star Adam Clayton, who has carried out a raft of changes to his heritage home of Danesmoate Demesne on Kellystown Road.

Jeezz their council seems very strict over things changing.
Like when the plans for the Clarance where being talked about.

Hmmm, Bono wants to built a studio on his property?

:hmm:

There was also a story some months ago about Adam wanting to build a studio on the grounds of his recently acquired London home.

:lol: I just had a funny vision. Imagine if they all built their own studios on their property... then all four of them will be sitting alone in their seperate studios, checking their watches and going "Where is everybody else?" and then when they finally all call one another to find out, everybody's like "I thought we were meeting at my studio!"

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:lol: I just had a funny vision. Imagine if they all built their own studios on their property... then all four of them will be sitting alone in their seperate studios, checking their watches and going "Where is everybody else?" and then when they finally all call one another to find out, everybody's like "I thought we were meeting at my studio!"

:lol:

I just had the same thought!

:hi5:

U2democrat said:

I just had the same thought!

:hi5:
Great minds think alike :hi5:

Off topic, but your avatar just reminded me, did you see Conan O'Brien last Friday? Brian Williams was the first guest, and Conan got him to do the German Disco Light Show :lol: The episode is still on NBC.com, if you didn't get a chance to see it.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Off topic, but your avatar just reminded me, did you see Conan O'Brien last Friday? Brian Williams was the first guest, and Conan got him to do the German Disco Light Show :lol: The episode is still on NBC.com, if you didn't get a chance to see it.

:ohmy: i gotta see this

JCOSTER said:

The band’s dummer Larry Mullen hit the headlines over the weekend after it emerged that he’s trying to demolish a 1m house that he owns in the upmarket Bailey area of Howth in north county Dublin.

He’s hoping to knock down Ros Mora, a two-storey six bedroom house as it’s blocking the sea view from his adjacent home on Claremont Road.

:huh:

You know you've got too much money when...

LOTS of celeb stars have studios in their homes. It's nothing big I don't think. If they have a whim to put down some tracks and all 4 of the band arent around they can work in their own studio. OR they can help other friends and struggling artists by allowing them to use their private studios.

These guys are quite lucky to be able to live the lifestyle where they can do things like demolish homes and trees in order to have a better view from their property or to add rooms and floors or other luxuries. Ireland is beautiful so if I were any of the guys with homes there I would certainly want to make the best of being able to enjoy the views anyway!

Even "ordinary" people are doing this all of the time, it's no big deal, it's just a fact that in Ireland the procedures to get permissions for such renovations are quite strict.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Wow that made me laugh pretty hard haha, good one!

Back
Top Bottom