Bono's phone message to "Into the Heart"???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattFromNYC

War Child
This was posted up online a while back, I forgot where... where he's leaving a message on the Into the Heart's orgnaizer or someone, and was saying he was drunk or something.. and then calls back a second time and starts doing this hysterical MacPhisto bit.

Where was this posted again, and where can I find it?

Also, is it confirmed that it was indeed Bono who made this call? It sure sounded like him, but am just curious. I remember hearing online a while back that some people weren't too sure.

Anyways, that had to be the funniest, masterpiece of a message I have EVER heard in my life. Bono is not only a musical genius, but also a comical genius... and doesn't even try to be. :)

Bless you, gr@cie! I had heard about this but hasn't ever listened to it before.

For anyone else trying to d/l, I had a bit trouble getting the link to work with the spaces so I figured I'd make it easier: http://tinyurl.com/745n9 should take you straight there.

:lmao:

If that is not Bono, it is someone who can do a dead-on impression, right down to the strange phrases he comes up with. What a bizarre little glimpse into the deep recesses of U2dom.

Thanks, Lauren2554, for sharing!

MattFromNYC said:
Thankyou for the link, but I ccouldn't get it to work! :(

Is it comfirmed as Bono? Or does anyone know where we can maybe find out?

:sigh: I've listened to that call many many times :angel: and I don't have a press release or anything but I'm pretty sure that's him.

At first I thought it was something they later released officially somewhere or by BP Fallon or someone.

But when I did first hear it, I never once questioned it until I was reading old posts on the POPLEMON message board from way back and people not knowing.

Does anyone know where I can also find the one where he's singing to his food on an airplane? I think thats what it was and was a BP Fallon thing too.

Sevikins said:
One ques: How did this manage to leak out anyway?

It didn't really leak out...the person he left the messages for (AliEnvy) put it up with his permission.

And yes, it is Bono :wink:

Ahhh. -- the return of "I think there was something I meant to do today...." :drool: :drool: Many a PLEBAn old & new will be happy that this thing's returned! :evil: :macdevil:

Last edited:
Where can I find this Outside Its America TV thing at?

Or maybe someone could put up the link of just that (singing to his food) part if they have it..that would be really cool. I've been dying to hear/see that one! LOL.

Looks like it's a fan gathering / fundraiser: http://www.intotheheart.com Not sure if it was a one-time thing or an annual thing. (Is the phone message from last fall? Something about Bono still doing Mac all these years later makes me smile.) Anyway, it sure looks fun!

Also, the phone message is linked from the main page, for anyone who's looking for it after the link at the beginning of the thread dies.

MattFromNYC said:
So she's the president of the Into the Heart fan club? Is that an official fanclub?

InTO The Heart is a fan fest organized by members the U2 GTA Yahoo group, (U2 fans in the Greater Toronto Area). AliEnvy is one of the organizers of the event.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
The message from Bono was left on her cell phone last November. It was a fun event and I am glad I was able to make it to Toronto to attend. :up:

Cool!! And I was just able to listen to it again. They should put that on a b-side or album somewhere as a hidden surprise. It's too damn good. :wink:

MissVelvet: Did Bono attend this event? How did she manage to get him to call her anyway? :ohmy: Through their management?

Back
Top Bottom