Bono's Miracle Drug Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristopherMann

Babyface
I just wanted to express my reaction to the story Bono has been telling that explains Miracle Drug...it's incredibly moving. Christopher Nolan wrote "Damburst of Dreams" and "Under the Eye of the Clock" and a host of other work with the use of a device attatched to his head because he had no control over any other part of his body. He was only given that ability through a little pill.
I almost started to tear when Bono spoke of how his mother taught him, read to him and believed in him until he was able to come out of the world he was locked in.
What an incredible expression of humanity, isnt it? And a beautiful song as well. probably U2's best. I hope everyone will feel some of this when listening...

Bono is simply one of the sweetest people in the world - and one of the most down to earth too!:yes:

That little story that Bono told about his remembrances of his mum were touching and beautiful - it totally revealed a side of the B-man that we don't always get the chance to see.

Thanks for the clip.

And THANK YOU, BONO, FOR SIMPLY BEING YOURSELF....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I got tears in my eyes 10 days ago because I knew the story behind this song. Same thing happened last night when Bono told the story in the intro.

Perfect U2 song, just perfect. This is when music and lyrics are like 1+1 > 2

Am i the only one here who really started to cry and couldnt stop before the song was over?

:sad: And the song had even more meaning to me when I realized that Edge sang that verse after the guitar solo... to me Edge is playing the part of Chris Nolan to Bono's mother...

"...I hear your voice, its whispering.... I was a stranger, you took me in"

"The songs are in your eyes, I hear them when you smile"
:sad: :sad:

i really would like to ask Bono how can he write so personal and splendid things!

Back
Top Bottom