Bono's "Make Poverty History" Message Banned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ellay said:
You're not going to like me for saying this but of course it's political, there's no doubt about that whatsoever.

Regardless of how honourable it's intention is, if it's a political message then it breaks British law in terms of political advertising.

There's nothing to stop members of the Make Poverty History campaign being interviewed about their cause though, although broadcasters such as the BBC have to maintain impartiality and not support a particular political line.

In August, the BBC ran a season of programmes highlighting the problems Africa is facing, but they were not allowed to use the Make Poverty History Banner, and rightly so

Good to see a voice of reason in here :up:

But... but it's not a politcal party it's advertising! It's a way to help those in need in Africa.

miss becky said:
After reading that article, it sounds to me like they are really stretching the logic in order to ban the advertising. It's such a shame. Finally we get an advertisement for something positive in this world instead of just another flashy new car or the newest vomit-inducing sandwich from McDonald's, and it gets banned. No wonder this world is so screwed up. :|

I agree very much with that. The world is so consumerist these days.

Back
Top Bottom