Bono's Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
uh what?

Are you talking about the technical aspect of the guitar, like sound?

Or are you just talking about superficial and not really that big of a deal aspect of just how the guitar looked?

He used a Gibson ES-175 I believe and I guess it was fine for what he did during that tour, which was strum it and hold onto it.

he'd better be playing some proper rhythm on the next leg. A few too many songs suffer live through lack of guitar :(

You mean BEST guitar ever. Gibson ES-175 man. Black! Fucking brilliant guitar. I want one.

I meant the sound, like on Dirty Day where it sounds like nails on a blackboard, literally?

It looked cool, sounded awful.

It looks great and the sound is unique as well i like it.

And as said above me Bono can play some guitar, he did quite a good job on Staring at the sun for example.

There was a truly butt ugly guitar Bono played in 2001. It's a hollowbody sunburst coloured with a make/shape I have never seen anywhere else. I saw Bono play it on IWF in Tacoma and have never seen a photo from any other gig.

It was also played during the tacoma final soundcheck(as worn by his tech) and I was surprised at how ugly the guitar.

u2fp

It's actually a very beautiful sounding guitar. Best suited for Jazz though, just Dirty Day. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
I meant the sound, like on Dirty Day where it sounds like nails on a blackboard, literally?

It looked cool, sounded awful.

That's because he was strumming the pick in a certain place, if that is what you were talking about..

If that was what you were talking about, then Edge uses the same thing for Zoo Station..

Back
Top Bottom