Bono's cover of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

What do you guys think?

To me I think he could have covered something else, and better.

It seems lifeless to me.

I thought I Am the Walrus was loads better than Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, a cover version that can best be summed up by this:

meh.

I liked it. I though he sounded more like a Beatle than himself. I was listening to John Lennon today and I thought that in certain ways Bono sounded alot like him.

its good. although i like i am the walrus alot better. bono sounds awesome though so....

I think I am the Walrus is more interesting Lucy is kind of boaring. However I was a little disapointed that Bono didnt show off his Bono voice a little more he tried to blend with the Beatles wich is ok too I guess neither are meant to be big vocal songs

As a song, I find Lucy to be quite boring. I don't think Bono could have done much more with this song. I find his voice rather interesting, especially in the verses. I think he delivered this transcendent, psychogenic feeling of the song well, though, I agree that the Walrus sounds more like Bono vocally.

It's okay. I agree he sounds like a Beatle. Would have been interested in hearing some other Beatle covers. The Walrus is definitely better: Beatle with a twist of Bono. Delish.

I'd take Shatner's over Bono's.

The unintentional (or intentional???) comedy of Shatner trumps a lame cover any day.

His cover of I am the Walrus off the soundtrack is really good.

I guess his backing band is The Secret Machines.

I purchased it off iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom