Bono's Caterwauling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono's Caterwauling

u2trinity said:

Bono=Falsetto :drool:

wow , you must really hate Lemon .

Actually, I don't. Because it's not that I hate Bono's falsetto full stop, it's that I hate Bono using his falsetto in nearly every 'emotional' song since the Joshua Tree. I think Lemon is an example of Bono using his falsetto well. I also love the falsetto in RTSS (it really lifts the song and moves it to another level. It's probably the main reason I love the song). I just think that Bono's got himself into the habit of using his falsetto to convey his emotions when he doesn't need to. I think The First Time is the best example of this. He starts off with this beautiful, understated vocal performance that's full of emotion (one of his best vocal performances?) THEN he starts with his falsetto which, FOR ME, is too loud, too strong, overpowering the rest of the song. I would've much preferred it if it just ended as the nice, quiet song that it had started as.

So really, (although I do still think Bono overdoes his falsetto on occasion) I'm just moaning about the falsetto in The First Time. And just to be extra clear, when I quoted Zoots and said, "YES! I DESPISE THAT FALSETTO!" I was referring to the falsetto in The First Time, not the falsetto every single time Bono uses it!

Back
Top Bottom