Bono's Best Vocal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty much most of the tracks from TUF to R&H = epic Bono vocals

The early 90's Bono didn't have as good a voice, but an incredible falsetto, so honorable mention there too. :up:

Bad, Pride, With Or Without You, Desire, Angel Of Harlem, Sometimes, Kite, In A Little While, One, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Please...

Rattle And Hum has the best vocals from Bono. Realy amazing vocals in all tracks from that album.

Right now, I'd say "Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes." That tune's just hitting me right now. Really good spot for him. I don't subscribe to "best" vocal = "highest" vocal that seems to be the popular criteria.

Please.

It's his best delivery on any song he's ever done. All of the desolation and hopelessness he's singing about you can actually hear in his voice, I love it.

Sad thing is, most people won't hear it and rate him based on something like With or Without You.

I like Promenade. I think its the perfect balance in his vocal of pushing it but showing restraint at the same time if that makes sense.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Please.

It's his best delivery on any song he's ever done. All of the desolation and hopelessness he's singing about you can actually hear in his voice, I love it.

Sad thing is, most people won't hear it and rate him based on something like With or Without You.

I prefer Wake Up Dead Man for that kind of thing; it sounds like he's dying, and at the same time, it actually makes the song far more intriguing rather than painful.

yeah me too! i was really blown away by how well he carried it off at the concert.

other than that , Bad is generally awesome when he is in top form, also love Unforgettable fire, and i am often mesmorised by Stay.

gman said:
For the people that have posted.............do these songs you mention also qualify as yer fave u2 songs?

No. Gloria, Streets, Beautiful Day, Zooropa are my fave U2 songs

In a lifetime! His voice just soars and the melody line is simply stunning... Musically it's average, but the vocal is tremendous

gman said:
For the people that have posted.............do these songs you mention also qualify as yer fave u2 songs?

I like Hawkmoon 269, but it's not my all-time favorite. It's just amazing, though, to hear anyone scream at full volume, in key.

LemonMelon said:

I prefer Wake Up Dead Man for that kind of thing; it sounds like he's dying, and at the same time, it actually makes the song far more intriguing rather than painful.

I kind of like Wake Up Dead Man, but it has my biggest pet peeve of the album: the use of "fuck."

You can't use the word fuck in a song called Mofo but you can in a seemingly random place in the last song of the album?

Really Bono, really? Okay.

Tell me one tour when Bono hit the high C in Wide Awake and holds it for long, when he massage to hit the high note "don't you look back" in WGRYWH, when he holds note for 8-11 seceonds? Well there is one answer: Vetigo tour:

Here is a mix of clips of Bono's voice on Vetigo tour:
www.send space.com/file/jmtyg0

Highlights:

1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
1990(Night and Day)
2004-2006

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom