Bono's AFRICA t-shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.dutchbingo.net/personal/africacolored.jpg
http://www.dutchbingo.net/personal/africacoloredblack.jpg

I made a black one:

ONEshirt.bmp

I made one too with that picture and it's easily my favorite shirt.

I can post a picture later, my comp is seriously bugging out on me

You can make your own t-shirts, design them or choose from other designs people allow public to choose from at Zazzle.com

That is where I had mine made. I got a black and a white one. All I did was copy the logo from a pic, paste it into the zazzle form, center it a bit and place my order!

that shirt is amazing!!!

When I save the picture my computer saves it as bitmap...How could I change it to jpg or any similar file type?... i am so not computer savvy.:|

prisz25 said:
When I save the picture my computer saves it as bitmap...How could I change it to jpg or any similar file type?... i am so not computer savvy.:|
if it's saving it as untitled.bmp, try clearing your browser's cache. that should do the trick.

marik said:
how do i do that?

Buy a cheap black T-shirt, wash it, iron it

Buy WHITE transfer paper (kinda expensive, $15 for 5 sheets)

Print the Africa logo and cut it out

Print the ONE logo by creating a black background/canvas with ONE in white letters. When you cut this rectangle out of the transfer paper, cut rounded corners

Iron on based on the instructions of the transfer paper

Wash and dry turned inside out.

The one I made also has the DATA logo on the sleeve and says www.one.org and www.data.org in white on the back.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Buy a cheap black T-shirt, wash it, iron it

Buy WHITE transfer paper (kinda expensive, $15 for 5 sheets)

Print the Africa logo and cut it out

Print the ONE logo by creating a black background/canvas with ONE in white letters. When you cut this rectangle out of the transfer paper, cut rounded corners

Iron on based on the instructions of the transfer paper

Wash and dry turned inside out.

The one I made also has the DATA logo on the sleeve and says www.one.org and www.data.org in white on the back.

thanks!!!:drool:

prisz25 said:
that shirt is amazing!!!

another thing you can do:

- open one of the links provided above with the logo you want to save
- make sure you can see the whole logo on your screen, then press the "PRINT SCREEN" button on your keyboard, on the top right side of it .. it usually says PR SCR (that sort of thakes a picture of whatever is on the computer screen at the moment)

-open paint brush (START button on the left bottom corner - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESORIES) and once you're on PAINT, click on : EDIT - PASTE

That pastes the picture you took of the whole screen... but you just need the logo, so you need to CUT IT!

to cut it: - choose the rectangle on the upper left corner and then with the mouse mark the exact part that you want to cut....
- right click : COPY

-then open a new page (FILE - NEW) and on the new white page choose (EDIT - PASTE)

Finally, all you gotta do is SAVE IT, so..

click on ...FILE - SAVE AS .. it asks you where to save it, the file name, and SAVE AS TYPE....that's when you scroll down and choose JPEG, and you get the logo saved on JPEG FORMAT

That's exactly what i just did.. i'm gonna email it to a friend who prints t-shirts and ask him to print it on a black one, let's see how it turns out!

Good luck with yours:wave:

the issue i am having is, that in the picture links above, it turns out that the white circle is not infact white. it is see through. so it will be what ever the color of the shirt is. (i tried this on zazzle)
i wanted it on a black shirt and the whit circle will thus be black, instead of white. sucks.

marik said:
the issue i am having is, that in the picture links above, it turns out that the white circle is not infact white. it is see through. so it will be what ever the color of the shirt is. (i tried this on zazzle)
i wanted it on a black shirt and the whit circle will thus be black, instead of white. sucks.

The circle part is white (you can tell if you open the image in something like FireWorks, it will show up differently if it were transparent). You need white transfer paper (not transparent). You can buy it at any office or craft store.

Last edited:
julianamendoza said:

another thing you can do:

- open one of the links provided above with the logo you want to save
- make sure you can see the whole logo on your screen, then press the "PRINT SCREEN" button on your keyboard, on the top right side of it .. it usually says PR SCR (that sort of thakes a picture of whatever is on the computer screen at the moment)

-open paint brush (START button on the left bottom corner - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESORIES) and once you're on PAINT, click on : EDIT - PASTE

That pastes the picture you took of the whole screen... but you just need the logo, so you need to CUT IT!

to cut it: - choose the rectangle on the upper left corner and then with the mouse mark the exact part that you want to cut....
- right click : COPY

-then open a new page (FILE - NEW) and on the new white page choose (EDIT - PASTE)

Finally, all you gotta do is SAVE IT, so..

click on ...FILE - SAVE AS .. it asks you where to save it, the file name, and SAVE AS TYPE....that's when you scroll down and choose JPEG, and you get the logo saved on JPEG FORMAT

That's exactly what i just did.. i'm gonna email it to a friend who prints t-shirts and ask him to print it on a black one, let's see how it turns out!

Good luck with yours:wave:

Actually, this process severely reduces the quality of those files. Doing a Print Screen reduces the size, and saving as JPEG compresses the image. They need to be saved as-is, as a bmp or gif (a gif would be best).

On the left is a smaller version of a gif file; on the right is a jpg file made using the exact process described above (print screen, paste into Paint, save as JPEG). You can see the one on the right, how the color around the edges where colors touch is not "true" color. This drastically reduces the print quality of the image.
logogif.gif
logojpeg.JPG

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
LivLuv, you obviously know this stuff!!! :bow: :up:

Your black Africa tee looks awesome, btw! :love:

Thanks! Yeah, computers (web design, graphic design for the web) is what I do for work and for a hobby.

Oh, that's so awesome! I can only wish that my work and hobby is the same thing... that by some miracle I start working full-time on something I'm actually really passionate about! :sigh:

Zootlesque said:
Oh, that's so awesome! I can only wish that my work and hobby is the same thing... that by some miracle I start working full-time on something I'm actually really passionate about! :sigh:

Not to get too off topic, but sometimes it's better to keep your work away from your hobbies. I spend less time doing web design for my own personal sites and projects now that I'm doing it for businesses and non-profits.

i'm glad i haven't my t-shirt printed yet, WOW! quality dramastically diminishes doing the print-screen proccess....

no wonder why some pictures i printed that way for my mom didn't come out very nice at all..
thanks for the information livluv!
i'll keep the original format then... thanks again!

julianamendoza said:
i'm glad i haven't my t-shirt printed yet, WOW! quality dramastically diminishes doing the print-screen proccess....

no wonder why some pictures i printed that way for my mom didn't come out very nice at all..
thanks for the information livluv!
i'll keep the original format then... thanks again!

No prob! I actually do use that print screen > Paint process a lot for images I don't intend to print, like huge images from my digital camera that I want to post here. I have some pretty powerful software that could scale down the picture size (both file size and dimensions) without such a great quality loss, but my crappy computer struggles to run these programs so I use the printscreen as a short cut.

Use the large files for t-shirts and when you print them, somewhere in your printer's properties you should be able to specify how big you want the image to actually print. This way you don't have to compromise the quality of the image, but you can still print it smaller.

Oh, another printing trick I used....

....when I printed the Africa image on white transfer paper, my dad's color printer, which isn't the greatest, the first and last lines of color on the page were a little off (the red was more pinkish). It was like the printer needed a few lines to kinda get started printing good. I opened the original files in a good-quality photo editing program and added a line of yellow color to the top and bottom of the image, so the yellow line is actually the first and last row the printer prints. Since you have to cut out the Africa image anyway, it doesn't matter.

Sure as long as my dad has colored ink in his printer. If you'd rather just PayPal money, there's this place I get plain T-shirts for $8. The transfer paper is $15 for 5 sheets and I'm not sure if I can get single sheets, but if not I can send the rest of it back w/ the shirt.

Honestly, mine isn't that great. I mean, it looks fine, but I don't use the greatest of printers and if you just run through regular paper to get it right, you don't have to worry about ruining your transfer paper. The problem is, the transfer paper only works through inkjet printers. I have access to some amazing color laserjet printers, but the toner doesn work with the transfer.

Back
Top Bottom