Bono's a Fly, Edge makes a mess, Larry raises hell, and Adam could care less!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
SPOILER: Stuck video

The video starts out with John Madden mumbling something about he " wouldn't want to be Hewson right now" as the kicker #1 Hewson runs out to take the field and score the field goal in the last few seconds to give his team, the FLYs a victory over the LEMONs. Unfortunately, the ball hits the uprights and they lose, and the poor kid spends the most of the video reliving this agonizing defeat in front of the excited crowd. As he goes to kick the ball, you can see the anxiety in his face, and his holder actually turns into a pink bunny.

The band comes into the picture as they are seated throughout the stadium, away from each other. Bono up top somewhere, singing and standing up to do the wave with the crowd, "shooing away" MacPhisto style and generally being Bono. Larry is really getting into the game, and raising hell. Adam barely even notices the game above the sports section of the Irish Times he is reading despite the frenzy going on arounds him. And poor Edge slips and falls on the way back to his seat, spilling a ton of junk food everywhere and kinda just gives up and stays on the ground singing.

After the loss, and the stadium is empty, the band members remain in their seats, as if they are stuck there. Then you see Hewson on the field and he becomes a postal worker, as if he is doomed to that life instead of a great sports career. However, you see him turn into an old man, still a psotal worker, as if to say he got over it and survived. And it could also be a tribute to Bono's dad whom I believe was a retired postal employee (I read that in Bill Flannagan's book, U2@TEOTW).

Overall, it is a really good video, EXCEPT they chopped the song towards the beginning.

Originally posted by z edge:
SPOILER: Stuck video

And poor Edge slips and falls on the way back to his seat, spilling a ton of junk food everywhere and kinda just gives up and stays on the ground singing.

He fell in the "Elevation" video too. Poor Edge...

I think he's just trying to get attention!!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see it!

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Wow! Football and U2: two of z-edge's favorite things. Now if they could have only worked cars and chicks into the plot somehow you would be in heaven!

------------------
Remember the goul.

The digital won't let me go.

Originally posted by Calluna:

Wow! Football and U2: two of z-edge's favorite things. Now if they could have only worked cars and chicks into the plot somehow you would be in heaven!

You read me like a book! We should drink together more often!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
He fell in the "Elevation" video too. Poor Edge...

I think he's just trying to get attention!!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see it!

No problem Bonochicky!
wink.gif

not only did he fall down in the elevation video, but he was kidnapped as well. I think he got the attention he was looking for, though, it seemed as though he was hooking up with Lara Croft!!

You read me like a book! We should drink together more often!!
biggrin.gif

I think I've found a new drinking buddy.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Just not-not tonight, i am nursing last night's wounds as we speak.

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 09-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 09-02-2001).]

Just not-not tonight, i am nursing last night's wounds as we speak.

Aww...do you have a hang-over?

------------------
Remember the goul.

Umm, i feel a little weak. I am drinking gatorade and eating vegetable soup.

*goes to fridge, opens door, looks for koolade and finds nothing but beer*

Originally posted by doctorwho:

DoctorWho laughs hysterically at Z-Edge's plight (HA! HA!) but thanks him for the video review.
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah...the video review...I'd forgotten what this thread was about! *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Originally posted by doctorwho:

DoctorWho laughs hysterically at Z-Edge's plight (HA! HA!) but thanks him for the video review.
biggrin.gif

No problem! I haven't caved in yet, as I am still drinking gatorade albeit the yucky 'riptide rush' flavor.

I really liked the video for stuck, though like Calluna said; if theres U2 and football it's a guarantee that I will like it. I will say they shouldn't have cut it because it sounds "chopped".

SO you can sort of have a barometer on my taste, I liked the 'elevation' and BD videos, but didn't like the video for 'walk on'.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Oh yeah...the video review...I'd forgotten what this thread was about! *lol*
biggrin.gif

Chicks Cars & Football, you know, the essentials!!

Well if worst comes to worst, the real way to get rid of a hangover is to drink more alcohol... since a hang over is really an acute withdrawal...
biggrin.gif
See, I knew that nursing education would come in handy some day....

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Well if worst comes to worst, the real way to get rid of a hangover is to drink more alcohol... since a hang over is really an acute withdrawal...
biggrin.gif

A little hair of the dog that bit ya!

------------------
Remember the goul.

eek.gif

ya'all playing devil's advocate?
wink.gif

BEAL used to say that the cure for evil is more evil.

------------------
Remember the goul.

You win, I just bit the dog. And I'm peeing on a frog as we speak!
eek.gif

Pink bunnies are no goats and sheep go to heaven

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
biggrin.gif

Okay, I am having a beer because my nurse and my lawyer told me to. Who's next, my doctor?

Doctor Doctorwho, where are you??

*bowing down to Calluna*

"spank me please, for i've been baaaaaaaaaad"
mad.gif

Ooooh! I didn't know you were into the kinky stuff!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Back
Top Bottom