Bono's A Character on The New South Park Episode!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allegra said:

I adore South Park, but sometimes they get way too silly. And I feared this episode was like that.

However, after seeing that clip, I couldn't stop laughing! I love all the work Bono is doing, but everything South Park did was hilarious - from Bono's outfits to his walk to his "I must be getting another award" comment, to the "I am Bono!" introduction. I also loved how formal they made this award (with the President, applause, TV, etc.). I think I liked this, despite the silliness, better than The Simpsons Garbage Man song (although seeing Homer being beaten on the big screen at a U2 concert was funny). The Family Guy, which I also adore, had a funny Bono moment, but not as good as The Simpsons or South Park.

okay so i did like the flashy words BONO and the amazingly hot pictures of him.
yeah yeah yeah yeah

Saw it on the net. Funniest joke for me: his "father" saying "he´s almost 6 feet tall!" as a proof that Bono is the biggest crap in the world, LOL. That was mean :D

I guess the episode is really about people getting famous for stupid reasons (Not Bono, but I think they had him because of all the awards/recognition he gets). This episode was more crude than usual though. And it sort of was a piece of crap.

"I'm sorry I can't crap like Bono."

I did like when he sang Vertigo though.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious :p.

Last edited:
hillers said:
I guess the episode is really about people getting famous for stupid reasons (Not Bono, but I think they had him because of all the awards/recognition he gets). This episode was more crude than usual though. And it sort of was a piece of crap.

"I'm sorry I can't crap like Bono."

I did like when he sang Vertigo though.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious :p.

Maybe they made it a crappy episode on purpose :wink:

Dana

the preview at http://southpark.comedycentral.com/index.jhtml was ok (though a little weird/ironic having Bono with long hair-like they don't know he cut it- but some seconds later they show some pics of Bono from echo awards, etc in the capitol hill screen) but seeing the complete episode was as someone simply said... a bullshit!specially the end...can't find the humoristic thing in mocking like that...oh and that accent... but don't get me wrong, I like watching some SP sometimes :)

-FCA

Last edited:
Ok I just watched it and I did laugh. Funny shit. Kinda freaking disgusting, but funny nonetheless. Though I've always liked South Park. I wouldnt take it personally though, its South Park. They make fun of EVERYONE.

Funny point they brought up when Stan said something about him doing so many great things for so many people and somehow managing to still come off as a piece of shit.

seems anyone who dislikes U2/bono feels this exact way across the board. I wonder what it is that Bono does that makes him seem like such a piece of shit to everyone?

sharon marsh is making me lol right now

t8thgr8 said:
Funny point they brought up when Stan said something about him doing so many great things for so many people and somehow managing to still come off as a piece of shit.

seems anyone who dislikes U2/bono feels this exact way across the board. I wonder what it is that Bono does that makes him seem like such a piece of shit to everyone?

People don't like do gooders? :shrug:

The sunglasses piss a lot of people off. My friends laugh at me when I say he has a medical condition. They think it's just arrogance.

t8thgr8 said:

Jealousy?

Sometimes lots of people come across as pieces of shit :shrug: He's just like everyone else in that regard. I don't care if anyone makes fun of Bono, in fact if it's genuinely funny and/or intelligently funny I will laugh. I didn't think that was either. Even if it was someone I really dislike like GWB, well I think anyone can do better than shit humor.

Uh yeah, I know-and there's no need to belabor it either. I don't think it was funny, anyone else who does that's fine. But I am entitled to my opinion about it, there's really no need to berate anyone over it.

Whoa, I actually totally agree with you!!

I actually sat there watching it and only smirked maybe once or twice. Alot of it was in poor taste and actually I think they were more dissing people who were jealous of Bono than Bono himself. That in the grand scheme of things, being jealous of Bono's awards was more ridiculous and pathetic than an award for the biggest shit. That *could* have been a great message if they had cut it off there, but sadly they just kept going and going with it...

even my 12 year old who likes crude jokes said that he didn't think it was half as funny as the Simpsons garbage episode. In fact, he walked away from it without watching it all, he didn't think it was all that funny really. It wasn't. The Simpsons one was pure comedy, the jabs were quick subtle and on point. This SP episode was laborious and painful...much like...well...a big shit. So maybe the joke is on us :shrug:

Last edited:
t8thgr8 said:

sharon marsh is making me lol right now

From frequently having to hear some people around me bitch about Bono, it seems many people view him as an obnoxious rockstar with a 'God' complex who uses the whole 'end AIDS in Africa' thing as nothing but a photo-op. They aren't even aware of a fraction of the work Bono does, and these are the people who, immediately upon hearing the word "Africa", start screaming "He should helping his own people here in the USA first!" (their words, not mine) :rolleyes: Sorry..it just burns me.

I was in high school when south park first came out. I hated it then. It was too low brow for my 15 year old sense of humor. What is absolutely appalling to me is that after all these years, it's still on, and people still watch it. Lots of people.

Simpsons humor is well thought out and a perfect combination of jokes, contexts and timing. South Park is just made by idiots for idiots.

The_acrobat said:
I was in high school when south park first came out. I hated it then. It was too low brow for my 15 year old sense of humor. What is absolutely appalling to me is that after all these years, it's still on, and people still watch it. Lots of people.

Simpsons humor is well thought out and a perfect combination of jokes, contexts and timing. South Park is just made by idiots for idiots.

Worth repeating!

:up:

The_acrobat said:

Not if you pay close attention.

When it first came out the big thing was "oh, look, little kids with foul mouths". I think a lot of people think all South Park is is swearing and poop jokes, but if you take a closer look, it's actually one of the smarter shows on television right now. They parody everyone, and hold a mirror up to current events and pop culture in a way that many are too afraid to touch.

And the Simpsons has been crap for about the last six or seven years.

Exactly. South Park is a fantastic show - and it's developed a lot since the initial seasons. Check out a few episodes from around Seasons 6-8 (though there are still good episodes coming out) from here and you might change your mind.

See, the Simpsons has always struck me as poorly thought out other than those five or so golden seasons...

I thought the episode was stupid, but that's sort of the point...and most of the Bono stuff was hilarious. :lmao: :heart:

Yeah ... I'm sorry, but if you think South Park is all juvenile humor and poop jokes, you're not paying attention.

If you don't find it funny, fine. But a lot of their episodes are much more than foul-mouthed little kids or celebrity-trashing.

So to say that "South Park is just made by idiots for idiots" is just silly.

Back
Top Bottom