Bono Vs Freddy Mercury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the best singer of these two?

• Bono

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • Freddy Mercury

Votes: 35 42.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddie was simply THE greatest singer in Rock's music ever. Nobody comes even close to Freddie. He was THE greatest ever frontman, one of the truly best musicians, an incredible pianist and songwriter

And this is a sample of what happen outside this world of fantasy called interference, on which every single poll is extremely blinded by U2 nonsense

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_vocalists.html

Top 1 : Freddie Mercury
Top 83:Bono

Even the MTV (usually heavily U2ish influenced) ranked Freddie above Bono:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV's_22_Greatest_Voices_in_Music

Well, after all Queen has always won everything against U2: Best song (Bohemian Rhapsody http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/09/entertainment/main528777.shtml) Best Live Gig (Live Aid 1985 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/entertainment/music/4420308.stm) etc, etc

Bono WAS one of the best singers around Unforgettable Fire - Joshua tree era, but then his voice became more and more rough, raspy, fake emotional, artificial, false, strained, careless, weak, etc.

Freddie's voice was simply unbelievable from Queen (1973) to Innuendo (1991) and he sang with AIDS since the mid 80s (he was diagnosed in 1987). Unlike Bono, Freddie ALWAYS gave his best on every Queen song, trying to sound as heaven in every note

Please have a read at this extremely interesting and useful article:

http://www.f-mercury.com.ar/eng_characteristics.htm

There's no more left to say, except:

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Freddie_Mercury_05.09.1946.jpg

freddie-mercury.jpg

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

Listen, Bono made 100,000 people at Wembley cheer.

Freddie had them doing vocal exercises and chanting in time with his every move.

There's a big difference here between the ultimate frontman and the staggering gorilla.

Dude, put the glass down. :huh:
U2 > Queen live. It's no contest. That must have something to do with Bono's showmanship. I'm not saying he's better, but it's close. Vocally though, it's not even worth a poll.

Besides, Plant kicks Mercury's a$$. :wink:

Now Robert Plant's getting into this?

When do you want to bring in John Lennon, Elton John and Jesus and we can have a huge musical debate?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Now Robert Plant's getting into this?

When do you want to bring in John Lennon, Elton John and Jesus and we can have a huge musical debate?

:lol: Well, technically, all three were brought in about 6 pages ago.

I'd bring in Bowie, but technically, he's been solo most of his career. :yikes:

Sicy said:

Posts like this are unaccpetable and you know it. I dont really care if your're drunk, high, whatever. This is a formal warning and if I see posts like this from you again you will be suspended from this forum.

You can argue and debate your points without telling people to fuck off and using 'gay' and 'gays' as a slur.

Thank God, finally someone said something relevant about this!
He/she was deserving that...

Because U2 fans are insular and lame about their perception of music other than U2.
Yeah okay...:applaud:

GibsonGirl said:

Those damn cross-dressing gays with their vacuum cleaners. :(

The problem here, is that people are unable to separate their loyalty to U2 from musical common sense. Same thing happened in the Flea/Adam thread. The question in this thread is, who was the better singer? Who was able to do more with his voice? Anyone who has listened to Queen and U2 (aside from the hits - don't judge Queen on their hits) will know that Freddie's voice is just something else completely. He maintained that power and versatility to his death bed. The fact that Bono's winning this just shows the ridiculous defensiveness of U2 fans to anything that might show up U2.

To put it into perspective: Radiohead is one of my top favourite bands. I would never in a thousand years claim that Thom Yorke is a better technical singer than Bono, because it's just not bloody true. Thom Yorke is an absolute crap singer in comparison to Bono. Now, I like Radiohead about a thousand times more than I like U2, but I can still admit this. You can be a fan of a band and not lap up everything about them! Bono is OBVIOUSLY a good singer, but he's not as good as Freddie Mercury, from a purely musical and technical standpoint.

I agree with this completely :up:

It's ok to admit your favorite band's members aren't the best ever, don't worry, the band won't come to you house and flog you.

Thom Yorke's voice almost made my mother throw Amnesiac out of the car window, so different strokes for different folks.

Back on topic, Freddie just has a stronger, more commanding voice than Bono, pure and simple. I love Bono, but it's what I accept as fact.

Best Voice? Mercury was technically better with a wonderful color voice but Bono has a superior voice, stronger, deeper, with more emotion and versatility. So best voice goes to Bono

Best showmanship? Bono. Freddie was a 'showGAYship' this is why his moves and style attracted the atention of many....

Best talent? Bono

Best frontman overall? Bono

Seriously now, Bono humped a camera almost every show of the ZooTV tour.

does that make him gay?

he kissed The Edge on the Slane DVD, is that showGAYship?

either of the artist's sexual persuasion is completely irrelevant to the conversation.

For anyone who comes in and tries to divebomb this thread like a kamikaze by saying Chris Martin is the best showman ever...

ColdGAY.

That's all I'm going to say...about that. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
For anyone who comes in and tries to divebomb this thread like a kamikaze by saying Chris Martin is the best showman ever...

ColdGAY.

That's all I'm going to say...about that. :wink:

:|
Didn't Sicy just condemn these kinds of posts?

Originally posted by a homophobe
Freddie was a 'showGAYship' this is why his moves and style attracted the atention of many....

I think it's time to :lock: this thread.

PlaTheGreat said:
I think it's time to :lock: this thread.

I'm starting to agree with you. The Bono/Liam picture did it for me. I was just joking around, but that pic's fighting words. Thousands of them. :|

U2Man said:

oh no not Liam Gallagher too. :yikes:

it's a disease, quick, everyone run for the hills.

yeah, this baby should be locked up faster than Barry Bonds. It's hard to even have intelligent debate when there are too many people of different reading, comprehension, and basic typing skills in one place.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but it seems true.

Nube Gris said:

Best showmanship? Bono. Freddie was a 'showGAYship' this is why his moves and style attracted the atention of many....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. Definitely time to lock this thread. Nube Gris, do me a favour. Look up the lyrics to the Red Hot Chili Peppers' song called "Pea." Read them very closely.

GibsonGirl said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. Definitely time to lock this thread. Nube Gris, do me a favour. Look up the lyrics to the Red Hot Chili Peppers' song called "Pea." Read them very closely.

ftw.

LemonMelon said:

I'm starting to agree with you. The Bono/Liam picture did it for me. I was just joking around, but that pic's fighting words. Thousands of them. :|

Dig, dig, dig yourself deeper!

Down the hole, down, down, down!

Can you still see sunlight?
YES?!
Keep digging. I think you're close to rock bottom, but not just yet.

PlaTheGreat said:

Dig, dig, dig yourself deeper!

Down the hole, down, down, down!

Can you still see sunlight?
YES?!
Keep digging. I think you're close to rock bottom, but not just yet.

"Don't cry for me...I'm already buried..."

LemonMacPhisto said:

It's ok to admit your favorite band's members aren't the best ever, don't worry, the band won't come to you house and flog you.

See, this is something that many Interference members refuse to accept. They feel that if they don't tout every single little thing about U2 as the best thing since sliced bread, the band members will somehow feel hurt and offended. Well, at least that's how it seems here sometimes, I don't know what you people think. If you went anywhere else and said that Freddie Mercury was less of a singer and a showman than Bono, people would just laugh and laugh and laugh!

EDIT: And to clarify, I do think that Bono is a fantastic singer. He really is. But Bono at the height of his vocal prowess can't touch Freddie Mercury.

This thread was just to show a thing: the narrow minded and intolerant people that claim to belong to the hardcore U2 fan circle.
I bet that U2 would be ashamed of them fans if they read what was posted here...

MrBrau1 said:
Delete the offending post, and continue.

The offending 'post' ?? Half of this threads posts are offensive in some way or another. Plus we dont go around deleting posts anyway. People need to be accountable for their actions.

And yes I just got through issuing a warning about personal attacks and the use of the word 'gay' but I guess I'm invisible to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom