Bono vs American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who singers better? Bono or Kelly Clarkson (American Idol)

• Kelly is the best singer ever! Bono can't touch her. He is old and fat.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Kelly sings much better than Bono!!

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Kelly is a slightly better singer than Bono.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Kelly and Bono are exactly the same (cop-out vote)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bono sings slightly better than Kelly.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Bono sings much better than Kelly!!

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bono is a 10/10, Kelly is a 1/10.....simple enough?

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters

Yoyodyne

Babyface
Watching 'American Idol' on tv made me really appreciate Bono's voice. I thought that he was sounding worse than during the Joshua Tree era (and still do to some extent) but after hearing the two finalists sing, my faith is in Bono. In my opinion, he is a world class singer.

Okay, here's the fun part, the poll!! What do you think?

Even though Kelly is a smokin' hottie with an amazing voice, I stil voted for Bono, cause...well...it's Bono.

Mmm...Kelly...:drool:

Attachments

• gall_popup_finalists-1.jpg
    gall_popup_finalists-1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 66
Where's the "Bono is a Rock God, who the frig is Kelly?" option?

That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Bono is my fave singer, but you can't deny Kelly's talent.

:shrug: I have absolutely no idea. I never watched American Idol at all. Is anyone else bored with this "reality tv" phenomenon? :yawn:

wertsie said:
:shrug: I have absolutely no idea. I never watched American Idol at all. Is anyone else bored with this "reality tv" phenomenon? :yawn:

:yes: I don't know if I'd classify American Idol as reality TV, but I didn't watch more than one episode. Now Pop Idol, I would have watched, but just for the accents. :sexywink:

Okay this as got to be one of the funnest threads bc we are comparing a man who is in the BEST band in the world and a girl that isnt even a dot on the map!

:lol:

Alright, I'm just going to post here to take issue with all the people who voted for the last option. I mean, sure, you might think Kelly is all whorish and commercial, but if you actually think she is a bad singer then you are seriously kidding yourself. Like seriously. I actually think she may well be a better singer than bono on the surface. Bono has more talent though, and has done more things with his voice... but then Bono has been singing for longer than Kelly's been alive.

I can't really believe I'm defending her. Because that show is kinda annoying. But I watched the last episode and she is actually a great singer. And I'm also impressed they sang some good old songs instead of just shit.

:scratch: Bono? Old and fat? Um...No, I don't think so...

I don't plan on being classified as old until I'm 90 or something. Bono is not fat....far from it?

:shrug: Oh, well...

Kelly is a wonderfully talented young woman. But you really can't compare a 20 year old who does cover songs to a man who has performed for over 20 years to his own songs. Let me hear Kelly when she's 40 and see if she still has the ability to hit those notes night after night after night as Bono does. Heck, during the contest she almost lost her voice at one point - and there were many times she hit an off note or failed to hit the note full on.

In other words, while I think the best singer won that competition,Kelly is still young and inexperienced. She has a hint of "soul" to her, which is great, but she is not at all at Bono's level. Plus, she needs to learn from Justin, the runner-up, as his charisma is enormous. Kelly has the better voice which is why she won, but Justin was there because he could work the room like few can. Kelly's voice makes all modern day divas envious. But she is no where near Justin, who in turn, is no where near Bono, in turns of charisma.

Plus, if she were to compete against a JT/R&H era Bono, Bono just might win... ;) While Kelly has the talent and ENORMOUS potential (and she's SO frickin' cute :cute: ), IMO, Bono is clearly the better singer. After all, as we all know, singing just isn't about one's voice.

Last edited:
Hehe, can't believe where having this discussion, the idea of comparing Bono to her is so ludicrous:lmao:

Anyways, I don't really like her voice, sure she's got strong pipes but that doesn't make a great singer. I don't get the whole mentality behind female singers who do a lot of screaming really loud and it's called singing and I'm supposed to really like it? It's so boring and unexciting! Now, I thought Tamyra has a superb voice, and Justin definitely has a lot of stage presence. I also liked his voice, it was more unique than Kelly who's got a really powerful voice but not that recognizable or interesting.

lol manda

Kelly the winner on a show called "American Idol"...basically a talent show in the vein of Survivor....a group of hopefulls getting weeded out until there is one left...

I didn't really watch it....but Kelly has a really strong voice.

Personally I think this is like bc said, comparing apples to oranges. Kelly is very talented, however I don't think in a million years she could even come close to evoking the same sentiments that Bono can.

Back
Top Bottom