Bono vrs. Mick Jagger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is ridiculous and so VERY shallow to compare the 2 physically. The rest are just opinions. Everybody has them. So let's agree to disagree.

My opinion- U2, I agree, is the thinking persons band. Fills up ones' mind and soul.
Rolling Stones - some good stuff for the listening.

while the notion that bono is fat is just silly... i will say that mick jagger is in incredible shape for a man my age, let alone a man his age.

mick is certainly much much much more active on stage than bono is, at 20 years his elder. i was tired just watching him sprint around giants stadium.

if that matters to you or not is, of course, a matter of personal opinion. one would think if you asked the same question on a rolling stones board, the opinions would be reversed in favor of mick.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
one would think if you asked the same question on a rolling stones board, the opinions would be reversed in favor of mick.

Wait, Rolling Stones fans know how to use the internetz?:wink:

yes yes... they have internet in nursing homes now. al gore gave it to them.

the thing that amazes me is that some people can't fathom that there are those out there who feel exactly the same way about another band in the way that they feel about u2... as if u2 is the only band in the world that can touch one's heart.

while the notion that bono is fat is just silly... i will say that mick jagger is in incredible shape for a man my age, let alone a man his age.

mick is certainly much much much more active on stage than bono is, at 20 years his elder. i was tired just watching him sprint around giants stadium.

if that matters to you or not is, of course, a matter of personal opinion. one would think if you asked the same question on a rolling stones board, the opinions would be reversed in favor of mick.

Maybe so, but Mick didn't throw his back out seriously right before the tour like Bono did. Bono was only able to get back to regular workouts on the final Vertigo leg of the tour. On Elevation he ran laps around the stage, but on Vertigo he was much more restrained in his stage movements.

Dana

Hey guys, how about we try this thread again in 16+ years, and see how Bono maintains his stage presence then, mmmkay?

No thanks, because then I have to think about what Mick Jagger might look like prancing around the stage 16 years from now.

:yikes:

:lol:

Or Bono in his new U2 studio lair in the Dublin docklands, resembling Jabba the Hut.

"Bring me Eno and the Wookiee. They will all suffer for this outrage. "

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
Hey guys, how about we try this thread again in 16+ years, and see how Bono maintains his stage presence then, mmmkay?

:yes: Better comparison would be Jagger at 47 and present day Bono or Bono 17 years from now and present day Jagger.

yes yes... they have internet in nursing homes now. al gore gave it to them.

the thing that amazes me is that some people can't fathom that there are those out there who feel exactly the same way about another band in the way that they feel about u2... as if u2 is the only band in the world that can touch one's heart.

Yep. The "U2 is the only band that..." posts are virtually identical (just switch out the band name and song titles etc.) to the ones you find on just about every other band fan forum imaginable.

indra said:

Yep. The "U2 is the only band that..." posts are virtually identical (just switch out the band name and song titles etc.) to the ones you find on just about every other band fan forum imaginable.

Sure, but that means being a fan.

Personally, there are a lot of bands and artists that touch and move me with their music, but U2 is my HOME. It's not only about the music but so much more. I feel touched by virtually everything I read about these guys.

And I cannot believe the discussion about Bono's physical appearance is still going on.

I respect the Stones and Mick, but I don't know anyone personally who does NOT find the man creepy, I'm sorry. Honestly, I have kind of a big dislike for Mick, I just cannot get myself to like him. I like some of their songs, but I have never been a great rock'n'roll kind of girl.

As for physical appearance, I'd take Bono over someone that skinny every day. I'm glad he doesn't feel the need to jump around on stage like this.

last unicorn said:

Sure, but that means being a fan.

Personally, there are a lot of bands and artists that touch and move me with their music, but U2 is my HOME. It's not only about the music but so much more. I feel touched by virtually everything I read about these guys.

This also happens with other bands. It doesn't happen for you with other bands, but it does happen for other people with other bands. It isn't a phenomenon exclusive to U2 by any stretch. I know far too many people who feel very similarly about other bands to think otherwise. There are many bands/musicians who's music I like very much, but I feel no need to know anything about the person behind that music. And then there are the musicians I would adore even if they didn't make music -- those people are interesting enough in a way that works for me.

And I would bet that somewhere in this world there is someone who even feels the same way about the Rolling Stones as you feel about U2. :wink:

Oh yeah, I found a post of theirs and everything:

"Personally, there are a lot of bands and artists that touch and move me with their music, but the Rolling Stones is my HOME. It's not only about the music but so much more. I feel touched by virtually everything I read about these guys.

And I cannot believe the discussion about Mick's physical appearance is still going on.

I respect U2 and Bono, but I don't know anyone personally who does NOT find the man creepy, I'm sorry. Honestly, I have kind of a big dislike for Bono, I just cannot get myself to like him. I like some of their songs, but I have never been a great (how do you define U2 again?) kind of girl.

As for physical appearance, I'd take Mick over someone that fat every day. I'm glad he doesn't feel the need to laze around on stage like this."

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to have a go, I just think there's something a little blind about some* of this discussion.

*all

Back
Top Bottom