Bono to write his own Autobiography...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
Someone at Zootopia posted this:

"Reports in last weeks Irish Star Newspaper said Bono has begun to write his own biography of his life, according to the report the book was also be co written by a long time friend who is french, it is due out next year."

Anyone got the Irish Star Newspaper bit that says this...?

I'd Love to read his autobiography :yes:

celia said:
Someone at Zootopia posted this:

"Reports in last weeks Irish Star Newspaper said Bono has begun to write his own biography of his life, according to the report the book was also be co written by a long time friend who is french, it is due out next year."

Anyone got the Irish Star Newspaper bit that says this...?

I'd Love to read his autobiography :yes:

Sounds interesting...

But strange too. I haven't heard it being mentioned anywhere else, so this is new to me. :shrug: Could be tabloid, I dunno. Seems to me if it was a done deal it would show up at U2.com? Not out to prove you wrong, just trying to figure it out myself. :der:

Re: Re: Bono to write his own Autobiography...?

Bonofied U said:

Seems to me if it was a done deal it would show up at U2.com? Not out to prove you wrong, just trying to figure it out myself. :der:

That's exactly what I was thinking, which is why I wondered if anyone had any news... :)

I'd love that because I'd know it was all the truth. He doesn't like people misquoting him or spreading rumors or giving misinformation. It would be all his own words from his heart, how special! But I think he'll wait until he's older to write one. His story still remains partly untold! He's got so much more to do!

U2Kitten said:
I'd love that because I'd know it was all the truth. He doesn't like people misquoting him or spreading rumors or giving misinformation. It would be all his own words from his heart, how special! But I think he'll wait until he's older to write one. His story still remains partly untold! He's got so much more to do!

Yeah, I agree. It'd be nice to hear from his own mouth. Altho I wouldn't want him telling everything about his personal life, cause I'd consider it his biz. Bono is a very private person w/ his personal life and he hates when people spread around false rumors. It sounds like tabloid stuff to me but I may be wrong. But if he is writing a book, it will be what he wants to write and hopefully he will have more control over the book. I think you're right though. I think if he was going to he would've either done so already or wait till he's older. :yes:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Bono to write his own Autobiography...?

celia said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, which is why I wondered if anyone had any news... :)

Yeah, I'd wait to see if it pops up on U2.com. Maybe someone will know hehe. :)

It'd be interesting, but I sort of hope it doesn't happen. At least he'd do it on his own accord, but I think some things are better left for his private life and family. Most things we know or can deduce, and some things we don't need to know. Unless the dicussion focuses on his artistic work and habits, that'd be interesting to read. :cool:

oliveu2cm said:
It'd be interesting, but I sort of hope it doesn't happen. At least he'd do it on his own accord, but I think some things are better left for his private life and family. Most things we know or can deduce, and some things we don't need to know. Unless the dicussion focuses on his artistic work and habits, that'd be interesting to read. :cool:

Yeah, I feel the same way! :yes: Altho it would be special to hear in his own words how he feels about himself, I think some things are best left private. I don't blame him for getting angry at gossip, because it's just senseless to speculate and try to guess things that aren't anyone's biz but he and his family. Call me crazy, but he can't hide anything from his eyes anyway -- he's a direct person and that speaks enough truth about him w/o digging too deep. I'm not saying he's a saint, but we all know he's a good guy. And he shares a lot more than he has to w/ his fans and people. Yeah, I would LOVE to hear more about his work, and his favorite things, memories and such. :D

Sorry I'm rambling LOL! :reject:

I hope he's not doing this too, although if he is it's his choice. I sort of doubt if he has time for this, too!! I hate gossip and such too. It's ugly stuff.

I was under the impression that the Irish Star is a tabloid of little credibility (please correct me if I'm wrong).

haha its probably a load of rubbish then...oh well maybe some day!...If he was to write one anyway he should wait a while he's still got loads of exciting things to do yet that he can write about! :)

Re: Re: Bono to write his own Autobiography...?

Bonofied U said:
Seems to me if it was a done deal it would show up at U2.com?

oh no, it would probably show up there after it came out

Re: Re: Re: Bono to write his own Autobiography...?

Flaming Friar Sr said:

oh no, it would probably show up there after it came out

This is true. Off topic, but, does anyone else not care for U2.com? It seems like a waste of cyber space, considering there are better places to find pictures, better lyric archives, ONE KICK ASS FORUM, and plenty of other news resources.....by the time I find the button I'm looking for on that site, it's not worth the look.

And as for the possibility of Bono's autobiography, of course I'd read it (and buy two copies, one to read, one to 'have'), but I sincerely doubt that he's working on it to the point of completion, if at all.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I'd love that because I'd know it was all the truth. He doesn't like people misquoting him or spreading rumors or giving misinformation. It would be all his own words from his heart, how special!

:yes:.

As for the people talking about the personal stuff being kept his business...I figure if he puts it in the book, then it's okay for us to read it. Anything he doesn't put in there, that's obviously nothing he feels we need to know about, and therefore, I will not try and pry about those private details.

But if he has no problem sharing some personal stuff in a book, then it won't feel like I'm invading his privacy, 'cause he's allowing us to hear about that stuff.

If this story is true, great, if it's not, eh, oh, well.

I do know that if he does write an autobiography, I'll be more than happy to read it. I think it would be very intriguing. I'd love to hear what he has to say about his work and his life and the people he's encountered.

Angela

If its true that he's publishing his own biography, do you think it would be that book of poems he once talked about? "Fuck Off: Volume 1"? I know he probably meant that as a joke, but when I was reading that quote thread in PLEBA, that quote came up, and it made me wonder...:hmm:

If so, that would be one cool read! :cool:

Perle

Back
Top Bottom