Bono- Time Magazine Person Of The Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
it's not like Rowling has even been in the news, except for the release of the last book, but then there is the new movie coming out shortly. But "Person Of The Year'? I don't think so. Yes, I'm biased towards Bono, but we've all seen what he has accomplished, and continues to strive for. Now, how many times can I vote :hmm:

I agree - even though I'm biased, Bono deserves it more than Rowling (if we're only comparing the two). Rowling just wrote a book. Bono, on the other hand, has Live 8, the One Campaign and lobbying the G8 to donate $25 billion in aid to Africa on his plate.

Needless to say, he has my vote. lol.

How did Bono do from up about 20% yesterday to hurricane katrina to katrina being very low and Bono in second with 13% to JK F***ING ROWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............SHE WRITES BOOKS!!!!!!!! Bono is part of the best ban of today (which already counts more) and he is involved in the One Campaign and trying to help people in Africa

The trick is to not let yourself get worked up over internet polls. Because it's, you know, an internet poll.

You have to understand that J.K. is winning because all the Potter fans are ganging up together to vote for her. It isn't her fault. I love Jo, but I don't think in anyway way she deserves it. But calling her a hack is out of line. I thought you would know better than that Andre.:(

corianderstem said:
The trick is to not let yourself get worked up over internet polls. Because it's, you know, an internet poll.

Good point. It essentially means nothing but which crazed fan group can get there first to vote for their hero.

Axver said:
People have no fucking taste in literature.

None.

The fact 60% of people who voted on that poll voted for that incompetent hack proves my point vividly.

Yeah, and I'm sure you were pouring over Dostoevsky when you were 8 years old...

:rolleyes:

people have no fucking tact

I totally agree with you, Forty (love your name) ! Almost word-for-word to your comment, I sent a post to the "Talk Back" section on the Time Poll. No matter how you look at it, it is obvious that Bono IS the Person of the Year.

I can't believe Bono has such a low percentage rate in this poll. :tsk:
Did Time Magazine figure out some way to delete U2 fans votes or what ?? :ohmy:
I wonder if the 'on-line voting' is really accurate !! :hmm:

Ahaha that's hilarious.

No, I bet I know what happened. Bono was leading a day or two ago, but I think that the poll has popped up on a number of JK Rowling message boards, and they all voted en masse :lol:

It's an internet poll, the editors decide who is person of the year, so no need to fret.

Back
Top Bottom