bono throws demo in bin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gav6519

War Child
just after reading in the daily mirror.

"i lost patience with one of the new songs and threw the demo straight in the bin with a load of pizza boxes. i have no idea where it is now.
Most of it has been brilliant but there were a couple of tracks we weren't sure about."

notice the past tense.

It's probably crushed and in some landfill in Malahide about now.

You never know... some crazed fan camping outside Windmill Lane 24/7 could just go through the bins and find the ultimate U2 Bootleg! :)

:wink: :lol: hmmh! i guess soem fan somewhere should try to save them-u never know-could turn out to be a hit-wouldn't they(U2) be surprized! lol:wink: Wonder if Bono does that alot?

Michael Griffiths said:
Hopefully they didn't just throw away a classic. They were going to throw 'Where the Streets Have No Name' in the "bin" as well at one point. :wink:

Brian Eno was losing his hair (what was left of it) trying to get Edge's guitar track into the right sync with the rest of the song and it really did drive him mad! He said something like.

'My idea was to stage a sort of 'accident' that erased the tape, but I never did.'

:)

A Late candidate for the 'Funny side of U2' Thread.

Yes, exactly. Pretty much amounts to the same thing. The song went to the great garbage dump in the sky, while 'Streets' was close to enduring similar fate. Thank God for the engineer who jumped on Eno and prevented it all from going down!

I prefer 'Great GIG in the Sky' when talking about Music. But each to his own...;)

haha, yes, that works much better! Didn't Bono once come up with the greatest band in the world, I think consisting of John Lennon, Jesus Christ, Elvis, and a couple others? That would be a great gig. :yes:

tabloids carry a different meaning in Europe. But I do like the inference that the album is done.

Last edited:
Originally posted by
I prefer 'Great GIG in the Sky' when talking about Music. But each to his own...;)

You're my new favorite person.

Clare Torry's orgasmic screams popped into my head the instant I read that! :D

:bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bono keeps saying that U2 are the Biggest Band in the World.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with him one bit.

I doubt their new album's gonna create any waves.

mayflower said:

you'll have one or two disagree with that in here!!! :|

mayflower said:

Their last album sold about 12 million, so you might want to rethink that position mayflower :)

Back
Top Bottom