Bono the Preacher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
a guy that has been swearing in public?

and worn devil's horns?

no way.

Hmmm... I don't know... After all, didn't Jesus drink? Heck, his first miracle was creating more wine for a wedding party!! And didn't Jesus destroy merchants tents in a temple? Hello! Destruction of property! And didn't Jesus hang out with hookers, thieves, lepers and the poor? Sheesh! Bad company there! Oh, and didn't Jesus actually meet with the devil in the desert? Yikes!

In that context, some vulgar words (and who says they are vulgar? I think it's society, not God) and costumed horns make Bono an outright cherub! ;)

Jeannieco said:

Exactly. Bono already is a preacher, the most effective preacher God could have ever hoped to inspire. It blows my mind when I think of the genius behind it. The loving non-judgemental philosophy the whole band believes in cannot compare to a preacher stuck in a church building or arena saying the same thing, the same way to the same people over and over. U2's message is universally appealing and therefore reaches many more on many levels. They definitely "draw their fish in the sand" for those who want it to see it. It's not there for those that don't want to see it. How sexy is that?
It's genius and it's the way bring hope to a hopeless world.
U2 I think is much bigger than we know.... it's kind of spooky. :)
Oh and that thing moving Bono during his speech? It's called the HOLY SPIRIT.
:D Peace

:up:
My feelings exactly. U2 (and Bono) are about way way more than just religion.

doctorwho said:

Hmmm... I don't know... After all, didn't Jesus drink? Heck, his first miracle was creating more wine for a wedding party!! And didn't Jesus destroy merchants tents in a temple? Hello! Destruction of property! And didn't Jesus hang out with hookers, thieves, lepers and the poor? Sheesh! Bad company there! Oh, and didn't Jesus actually meet with the devil in the desert? Yikes!

In that context, some vulgar words (and who says they are vulgar? I think it's society, not God) and costumed horns make Bono an outright cherub! ;)

hey, bono isnt God's son or anything.

Back
Top Bottom