Bono: The notorious talker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was browsing through my People magazine today when I came across something quite funny. In the "Picks and Pans" section there's a review of an album called "Veni Vidi Vicious" by a group named The Hives and the last sentence of the review reads:

"...the joy here is short-lived: At 28:02 the whole album is shorter than your average Bono Grammy-acceptance speech."

:lol:

What I find really funny is that I never seem to think that his acceptance speeches are that long. He could talk all day if he wanted and I don't think I'd ever get bored! :happy:

lol.gif

Our local radio station said that bono had been drinking quite heavily that night. That comes from the biggest U2 fan (local DJ) in the entire planet. I guess bono isn't a huge drinker, but was smashed that night. No wonder his speach was so weird. I also say that when he speaks, i pay attention. But I must admit I had to really try and figure out what he was saying

lol. :laugh:

Yeah, supposidly that was vodka in their water bottles at the Grammys. I think the whole band was smashed. But who knows...

jbgeis said:
Our local radio station said that bono had been drinking quite heavily that night. That comes from the biggest U2 fan (local DJ) in the entire planet. I guess bono isn't a huge drinker, but was smashed that night. No wonder his speach was so weird. I also say that when he speaks, i pay attention. But I must admit I had to really try and figure out what he was saying

I heard that that was vodka in that mineral water bottle too. :laugh: The guy is notorious for those speeches. But hey, his R'R HOF induction for Springsteen was fantastic. I'm like you guys, I could listen to the guy all day and never get bored.

Back
Top Bottom