Bono Talking To Himself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The things he say's. Something about this is so profound.

Bono is interviewed by Aengus Fanning in today?s Sunday Independent (Ireland). The two-part interview took place the day Bono spoke to the World Newspaper Congress. Part two will be published next week.

?I saw a picture of myself?, he says. ?I guess I would have been 21, just about to make one of our first videos, and there was a look in the eye that was really striking: I think it was naivety. And somebody, a journalist, standing by, asked me, ?What would you say to that person?? - like your son - ?? who is starting out on his journey?? And I said, ?You?re right.? And there was no arrogance in that remark because I was right in a way then more than I am now. Because you learn fear. You learn to watch your step. You sacrifice your innocence for experience. You think that that is what will make you a better writer. You think that, but you are wrong. Clarity is what makes you a better writer: clear thinking. You have all that, in your first face.?
(Thanks to Emmett, who also informed us Welsh troubadour David Gray covered both One and I Will Follow at a concert in Killarney, Co. Kerry, last weekend. Thanks to Jonathan for the scans.)

(Thanks to u2log)

I've seen that before, and I'm so glad he realized that you don't have to run from yourself and constantly prove you're something you're really not. So the experience he gained was worth something after all;)

Back
Top Bottom