"Bono Stole It From Me, I'm Stealing It Back!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
The man know as 'Hit Man', 'Babyface Mullens', 'Duke Dalton', wants back what is rightfully his.

Although everyone knows the band as U2, Larry claims that the band's name is really "The Larry Mullen Band." And even though he has admitted in his own words, "I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." , he went on to later say, "Then Bono arrived, and he meant to play the guitar, but he couldn't play very well, so he started to sing. He couldn't do that either. But he was such a charismatic character that he was in the band anyway, as soon as he arrived. I was in charge for the first five minutes, but as soon as Bono got there, I was out of a job." So with this in mind...

First, we see Lawrence sucking face with the mermaid lady on the 'Electrical Storm' video, then we see Larry actually giving interviews, such as the new Q magazine interview, and now the very large, loud, Lawrence background vocals on the new 'Numb' mix.

Could it be that all these years he has been pounding his drums extra hard in order to put out of commission Bono's vertebrae? What could Larry have up his sleeve next in his quest to take back his job of being in charge of 'The World's Greatest Band'? Stay tuned for Larry's next move on the next episode of, "Bono Stole It From Me, I'm Stealing It Back!"

Chris

Last edited:
I think you're definately on to something, Chris. I think the very reverand Larry is determined to give us all some real culture instead of all this video bullshit. If he has his way we may well see a collaboration between U2 and the Chieftains.

yep, i've noticed it. its always the quiet ones...larry larry...whatever are you planning...

Bono has the spotlight for u2, I think that it doesn't matter how hard Larry tries to "steal it back from Bono" Bono will always be the man from U2. A similar example that I can think of is the one of Lars from Metallica, always trying to be the main man of the man, but everybody knows James (the guitarrist-singer) as the main man from that band.

Larry is a great drummer, and has had a big influence on his band music, but it is truely Bono who has given us the U2 that we all know and love.

cute title chris!

Larry did say on his birthday night in Providence that he did like being up front, and could get used to it...
:eyebrow: :silent: :hyper:

The plot thickens!! :wink:

Re: cute title chris!

oliveu2cm said:
Larry did say on his birthday night in Providence that he did like being up front, and could get used to it...
:eyebrow: :silent: :hyper:

The plot thickens!! :wink:

God Carrie...I forgot about that incident. That just may have been the beginning of Larry getting that taste in his mouth of wanting his job back of being in charge again. Yes, the plot does indeed thicken.:yes:

Chris

Re: Re: cute title chris!

spanisheyes said:

God Carrie...I forgot about that incident. That just may have been the beginning of Larry getting that taste in his mouth of wanting his job back of being in charge again. Yes, the plot does indeed thicken.:yes:

Chris

larrbo_prov.jpg

Bono: ha ha, joke's over, hand it back now mate.
Larry: bug off, wanker. you snooze you lose.

:tongue:

Bono said this at the Tacoma Washington concert (April 12, 2001) while introducing the band before Desire...

:bono: "Before this band was called U2, we had a couple of names. We were called "The Hype", we were also called "Feedback". But even before that, we we were uh um, we were called and this is really hard for me as a singer to say this ? we were called ?The Larry Mullen Band?. (Pause ? cheers) I?d like to introduce you to the man that gave us our first job.

But God, God is fair and Larry Mullen can not sing and play the drums."

Hmmm... maybe Larry's been trying to steal it back for longer than we thought! :sexywink:

Bono better go to Dave Grohl's house and start getting drum lessons. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom