Bono, Sting, Olivia Pay Tribute To Kylie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
by Paul Cashmere - January 20 2008

Some of the world's biggest stars paid tribute to Australia's pop princess Kylie Minogue at a gala reception in Hollywood on Saturday night.

U2's Bono, Sting, and Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta honoured Kylie at the dinner at the Renaissance Hotel.

Bono, Sting and Barry Humphries sent messages via video while Olivia sang. John Travolta handed her the award for her services to the Australian entertainment industry.

The annual 'G'Day Australia' dinner is presented by Austrade and is part of a bigger a month long campaign to promote Australia is the US market.

Guests were treated to a dinner from Australian celebrity chefs Shannot Bennett, Luke Mangan and Neil Perry as well as Hollywood chef Wolfgang Puck.

I :heart: Kylie.

True story: Saturday night I went out for karaoke and sang songs by Kylie Minogue AND Olivia Newton-John.

True story, ya'll. If only I'd sung a U2 song to round out the evening - then this story coming out now would have been really spooky.

What is she, the female Robbie Williams? The overseas pop-star us Americans want nothing to do with?

The Sad Punk said:
Hey, we Australians want nothing to do with Robbie Williams either, so you can scram.

And I'd say most Australians want nothing to do with Kylie either. I'm quite happy for some other country to have her.

The Sad Punk said:
Well, she's more or less a Pom these days.

The only problem is that Delta's already come along to fill that semi-void.

Because she took on cancer... and overcame it. She's... a national hero.
cryingeagle.gif

Saracene said:

Hmm... so who were all those people at Robbie Williams' Telstra Dome concert back in 2006? :mac:

Kylie is a fun fluffy popstar, I :heart: her.

British ex-pats.

And personally, I don't really find it terribly fun to be bashed around the ears with a fluffy sack of shit.

Back
Top Bottom