Bono, Springsteen, Dylan set to perform in Nashville 4 Johnny Cash! Tickets are free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Found this article in NME.com! Published with kind permission of NME.

People in Nashville rejoice! Hope you get the chance to see Bono singing along with Bruce and Bob!

dougal

"BLACK CELEBRATION

BONO, BOB DYLAN and BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN are amongst the stellar cast set to perform at a tribute concert for the late JOHNNY CASH in NASHVILLE next month.

The trio are in talks with organizers of the event and look likely to join country greats Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Steve Earle at the Ryman Auditorium on November 10. Sheryl Crow? who sang at Cash?s funeral in September ?will also appear.

Tickets to the event will be free, the Cash family has announced. Quite how they will be distributed is still to be decided, reports the BBC.

Bob Dylan worked with Cash on his ?Nashville Skyline? album ? most notably duetting on ?Girl From The North Country?. Bono and U2 brought Cash in to work with them on ?Zooropa? in 1993. They recorded ?The Wanderer? with the much-missed musical titan.

Meanwhile, a new biography of Cash ? ?Johnny Cash - He Walked the Line? ? by Garth Campbell will be published in November. "This is a warm and heartfelt tribute to a man who changed the face of music. It just happened to be in preparation when he died," said publisher John Blake.

Published: 10-10-2003-15-53"

Dylan is scheduled to play a European date that night so I'd wait and see if he actually can be there. Dylan's comments on Johnny Cash in Rolling Stone were very moving - I would guess he would be there if there's any way he can practically do it.

But Bruce is done with his tour, I would figure he would be there. Even if Dylan can't make it, Bruce and Bono teaming up on "I Walk The Line," "Ring of Fire" and a few other Cash classics would definitely kick some major arse.

I think that next year on tour at some point in the show, a picture of Johnny Cash's face will fill the screens, and Bono and Edge will do a shortened version of "The Wanderer" with just a voice and a guitar. Kind of like how they do "Wake up dead man" live.

Back
Top Bottom