Bono speaks of spending more time for music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Someone posted this on atu2.com

He revealed to Britain’s Independent magazine: "I’ll tell you this, I am parched for time to spend writing and time spent with the band. This year I really want to just lose, myself more in the music and I
will have to have a lower profile."

U2 frontman Bono has confessed Live 8 wore him out - and admits he
wants to take a break from charity work.

The heartthrob singer - who helped organise the global charity
concerts last summer - confessed he found it exhausting. He said: "It was a very difficult year, going into G8 and Live 8.

"There was very little sleep. There was a cost there."
Bono, who campaigns for a number of good causes, says he now wants to start work on the next U2 album and take a break from charity work.

:hmm: "I want to serve these men" talk comes to mind.

I had a feeling he maxed out on raising awareness/band patience with politicians meetings, U2 shows audience and talking to Oprah and millions of host lectures in between ATYCLB and Bomb.

youtwohearts said:
I hope a new album doesn't take as long as the last album. I think he needs a break and deserves a break. He amazes me with what he does.

:yes:

:bono: :heart:

He definately needs a long well deserved nap!

The way I see it, U2 has a solid 10 years left to do the album and big tour routine, there not getting any younger. It will be kind of sad if we don't get another album until 2008. Bono take a long nap through the summer, starting recording in the fall and release another album in late 2007!!

this bodes well for the new album.

frankly I think Bono ought to take a break too, I know he doesn't really enjoy all this political shit, he just does what he has to do to get things done. It'd be nice if someone else could take over the activist part of Bono's life. I greatly admire what he's done, but I think he deserves a break, I'm sure it has him exhausted.

well, w/ Edge's daughter being sick (Which is only an assumption, it could be any family member I suppose), I think this will either make Bono and U2 go into the studio and record like mad men or keep them low key for some time.

If they're home now, do they have a studio? Didn't they just demolish the old one?

SunBloc said:
If they're home now, do they have a studio? Didn't they just demolish the old one?

"If they're home now" being the important part of your post. Actually, Bono's enjoying a holiday in Sydney right now.

Earnie Shavers said:
He's been in Sydney since Sunday, and was due to be here right up to the Auckland gigs, don't know if that will change though, obviously.

I knew he was there, my question was more to what you alluded to here about, whether he was staying in light of recent events. Axver made it sound like Bono and Fam were just going to keep enjoying their vacation despite what happened. But I think someone is just a little bitter.

doubleU said:

I knew he was there, my question was more to what you alluded to here about, whether he was staying in light of recent events. Axver made it sound like Bono and Fam were just going to keep enjoying their vacation despite what happened. But I think someone is just a little bitter.

Photo in the papers is of Bono and family enjoying a boat ride somewhere around Sydney.

Certainly seems like a holiday to me.

Someone also posted that Bono and Ali were checking out real estate but I don't know what their source for that was.

From what I heard, He's still there. Obviously there's been a setback with Edge's daughter but the fact Bono stayed in Sydney hopefully means nothing too bad is imminent.

I think his wife has a brother in Sydney so it makes sense he'd stay.

Back
Top Bottom