Bono snubbed by another major publication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Based on the pictures that Lies posted I would go with 5'8 for Bono. To me that still seems like a decent height for a guy. Never realized though that Laura is 6'1. Remember seeing her on the stage playing back in May and saw she was tall. But for some reason I was thinking she was only about 5'10.

Bono should be on top of any list like that! :yes:

Also, i'd say Bono is 5'7" as i'm 5'5" and when i stood next to him, i'd definitely say he was only 2 inches taller than me&i think we both had same height shoes and we were on the same height ground :)

Yes, but like i said, i was wearing same height heels as him so it evens it out! :huh:

easytiger said:
I've heard that on a good day, Bono is 5.7343545383727OMGWTFBBQ7823 feet tall.

He was once measured as being Pi feet tall.

Flying FuManchu said:
This is so wrong and it makes me so mad that Bono doesn't get the credit that he deserves! Just look at that article/ list and you know that this magazine hates Bono. They ignore his contributions to the music world and to social causes. It just makes me :sad: :mad: :censored: :scream: :rant: :angry: :yell: when reading this. Bono deserves more!

Here is the link to the article Bono being snubbed

GiveADamn.gif

BonosBaby12 said:
Based on the pictures that Lies posted I would go with 5'8 for Bono. To me that still seems like a decent height for a guy. Never realized though that Laura is 6'1. Remember seeing her on the stage playing back in May and saw she was tall. But for some reason I was thinking she was only about 5'10.

Thought so too, but her bio says 6'1". I suppose I'm around her too much to notice, since we've been great friends since age 4 :ohmy: and around here, everyone is tall! Kind of a round-about way to assess Bono's height, but compare Laura and I (right) and I'm 5'6", and then the previous photos of her and Bono on stage, and I'd guess that puts him at 5'7"-5'8". :wink:

http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/ChicagoII/photos/photo3.html

Re: Re: Bono snubbed by another major publication

Canadiens1160 said:

You should reboot and try again!

U2 losing out on the album of the year Grammys to Eric Clapton and the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack over the years was ridiculous enough but Bono to not even be ranked amongst the top 25 of Maxim's list is another example of media hate! Bono should definitely rank above guys like Angus Young!

I'm sure if you guys go over and ask the PLEBA girls, they've triangulated Bono's actual height using formulas we can't even comprehend, factoring in both platform heels and sock thickness.

Earnie Shavers said:

So the "Miss Ireland Bikini Model 1997" copy I have featuring Bono in a fetching leapard print is of no interest to you?

Well thank you for giving me nightmares! :mad:

U2DMfan said:
I'm sure if you guys go over and ask the PLEBA girls, they've triangulated Bono's actual height using formulas we can't even comprehend, factoring in both platform heels and sock thickness.

They can do maths? :ohmy:

Not really givin much a damn also here , but I had no idea Bono was so small , I mean I knew he was short but not that much . Anyway time to go off before the crazy bonoists girls burn me alive......

I'm 5'8.5" to be exact, and when I was on stage w/ Bono I had to stoop a bit, I'd say he's below 5'8". In fact I'd say he's 5'6"ish as he was wearing the platforms. I was wearing flats. btw either his legs are freakishly short or mine are freakishly long b/c my waist looks much higher than his :huh:

DSCN2943.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Bono snubbed by another major publication

Flying FuManchu said:

You should reboot and try again!

U2 losing out on the album of the year Grammys to Eric Clapton and the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack over the years was ridiculous enough but Bono to not even be ranked amongst the top 25 of Maxim's list is another example of media hate! Bono should definitely rank above guys like Angus Young!

Well, it's painfully obvious whey U2 lost out to Clapton and that soundtrack - all of them are "above" Bono. However, Bono is about Young, hence why he doesn't need to be on that list. :D

Oh, and always reboot - a hard reboot at that - several times a day. It's good for your computer.

Back
Top Bottom