Bono, SNL, and sexual harassment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bcrt2000 said:

she definately enjoyed it, and probably made it look a little more steamy than bono intended

I agree with you on this one. I bet Bono thought she would be more demure...I imagine he was a little surprised at her own vigorous and enthusiatic reaction. She set the pace...if you know what I mean. I can see Bono thinking, "Oh no, I got a live one here...."

You always gotta look at for the quiet ones....:wink:

disco2blue said:

....where in the perfect land of Europe shall we reside? Russia?

Ehh, need to check up on your geography dude!

That being said, of course you can’t judge a whole country by one thread, and yes, there are some European countries I would consider being pretty uptight with many things as well. The thing is, however, that from a European point of view, Americans often get upset for some very silly reasons. This thread showcasing one of them. In my eyes America is the land of contradictions, which seems to be both its weakness and its strength at the same time. But hey, that is a whole other discussion. Peace.

Hmm… wonder what Bono meant by “A funny Clinton Cigar” though?

She looked to be enjoying herself to me. I just wish Bono wouldn't do that kind of stuff. I always thought of him as more sexually charming than over the top (not that I'm attracted to him. I don't swing that way).

I don't know. I just never liked it when he did that kind of stuff.

Folkelig said:

Ehh, need to check up on your geography dude!

That being said, of course you can’t judge a whole country by one thread, and yes, there are some European countries I would consider being pretty uptight with many things as well. The thing is, however, that from a European point of view, Americans often get upset for some very silly reasons. This thread showcasing one of them. In my eyes America is the land of contradictions, which seems to be both its weakness and its strength at the same time. But hey, that is a whole other discussion. Peace.

Hmm… wonder what Bono meant by “A funny Clinton Cigar” though?

Russia is located in part of Europe and Asia.

shart1780 said:
She looked to be enjoying herself to me. I just wish Bono wouldn't do that kind of stuff. I always thought of him as more sexually charming than over the top (not that I'm attracted to him. I don't swing that way).

I don't know. I just never liked it when he did that kind of stuff.

i agree, but i think he left that behind with the zoo tv days/discotheque music video... this time he didnt mean to do it, but the girl was actually forcing his movements

c'mon guys, you can't take this that seriously

when bono's performing, he's not going to be just himself. he's gonna be a rock star. it's an act, as if he were in a movie. i don't think he does this kind of stuff in his everyday life, or ali would have gone crazy.

plus, its probably a lot of fun with the ladies all over you . . . :wink:

Sherry Darling said:

We can forward this to u2.com and get specially colored GA wrist bands so he'll know who thinks he's a sexy mofo :D

:lmao:

ramblin rose said:

This isn't news worthy.

You wouldn't think so, but, there was the trash can incident...

starsgoblue said:

:laugh: I don't know how he ever lived that scandal down...I'm surprised he had the nerve to walk through Dublin's streets after that....

:wink:

Oh dear God, I totally forgot about the trashcan incident! Hahaha, that was a riot when that news hit us. Oh man, how could I ever have forgotten. :tsk:

We can forward this to u2.com and get specially colored GA wrist bands so he'll know who thinks he's a sexy mofo
Place me on the list:wink:
perhaps the wristband should sparkle/glow in the dark/beep.....

and for those not in the know about the trash can .....
1111111.bmp

I'm hoping that this thread is a joke....because if it isn't then the person who wrote it should get themselves a life, and possibly a hobby as well. Stop trying to start :censored: and enjoy the performance will ya!

nurse chrissi said:

Place me on the list:wink:
perhaps the wristband should sparkle/glow in the dark/beep.....

and for those not in the know about the trash can .....
1111111.bmp

Chrissi, I don't know about you but I am far more concerned about Bono being brought to justice over the COS incidents.....:wink:

PowerSurge said:
I'm hoping that this thread is a joke....because if it isn't then the person who wrote it should get themselves a life, and possibly a hobby as well. Stop trying to start :censored: and enjoy the performance will ya!

I don't see a reason for personal attacks. I said in my first entry I thought it was cool.

I was just concerned that in this day and age of FCC crackdowns and frivolous lawsuits, Bono jumping into some lady's lap uninvited on live television was a gutsy thing to do and I was a bit worried. I wasn't trying to "start" anything...

Thanks for pointing out what COS is. I guess I haven't been visiting PLEBA as much as I used to!

I don't think people should be jumping all over Homer, either. Although I don't believe there was any sexual harrassment whatsoever in this particular case, Bono did leave himself wide open for all kinds of trouble by jumping into the lap of woman he doesn't know. It wouldn't kill him to be more careful.

elfyx said:
i was wondering if he'd be in the doghouse with Ali, but apparently not by the reaction from that one fan who met them afterwards.

BTW, I love all the interference women who get turned on and worked up by U2. Is that bad?:sexywink: I really wish some of you single ones were in the NY area...

Hey, I live in northeast PA and am single...for now, at least. ;)

It sure looked like she was enjoying it,if she didn't she wouldn't of had her arms around Bono.Some of you think the FCC would go after Bono for that?...what about that stupid cartoon skit they showed? or that pull it skit?No one mentioned that,I thought that was way out of line.Bono,you can give me a lap dance any day,any time.Put me on that list.

And now, for no particular reason, I give you my own opinion :eyebrow: : Was the lap dance risque? Yes. Did it appear that the Lap provider was enjoying herself? Yes. Am I jealous? Yes. Did it surprise me? Yes..... and No.

B is a performer - he has been a performer for at least 1/2 his life; probably closer to 2/3. He and the band have quite a rabid group of fans, MANY of them women. I'm sure B & the rest of the guys aren't oblivious to the, um....carnal wishes that some of us fans entertain about them. So why not give the ladies something to talk about? He's a sexy beast - we've told him so for 23 years - and he's occasionally going to ACT like one. This will sometimes produce results different from what may have been intended.

Was it a bit over the top? Yeah - and probably pissed off/grossed out a lot of U2 haters. But IMO, that's OK, 'cuz B wasn't putting on a performance for them. He was there for those of us that love him & the boys....just like he's always been. Which is why I will continue to spend my hard-earned money to buy their albums and see them live and would be happy to get my name on that Lap Dance List.... :sexywink:

Last edited:
You know, even if it was sexual harassment (which it wasn't), would he even be able to be charged in this country? He isn't a citizen. Is he a permanent resident? He has an apartment in NYC, right?

You know, when I saw Bono and that girl all I could think was "wow, that looks like something Zeke would do!" :ohmy: I found it about as sexy as when Zeke does it too. :|

(Zeke's my Blue Heeler.)

Back
Top Bottom