Bono sick of fixing the world's problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlySweden

Babyface
From The Borowitz Report:

July 24, 2002

AS MARKETS CRASH, THE WORLD ASKS: WHERE IS BONO?
Financial Leaders Demand More Active Role From U2's Lead Singer

A rising chorus of global financial leaders is demanding that the rock star Bono become more actively
involved in resolving the current crisis in the world's equity markets, sources said today.

Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan was the first to call for U2's lead singer to step up
his involvement, telling Congress last week, "There is only so much that lowering interest rates can do.
What this market really needs is Bono."

President Bush, while attempting today to sound upbeat about the state of the economy, made no secret
of his wish that the Irish rocker would roll up his sleeves and calm the roiling markets.

"I think there's nothing wrong with the global economy that Mr. Bono couldn't fix," the President said,
apparently unaware that Bono is not Bono's last name.

But a spokesman for the International Monetary Fund was less charitable, ripping the Grammy-winning
Bono for his hands-off approach to the stunning crash in share prices.

"Bono may like to sing 'It's a Beautiful Day,' but for those who depend upon equities to finance their
retirement, it is most decidedly anything but," the IMF spokesman said.

Bono, who is currently sailing the world on a 4-month Princess cruise with Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill,
struck back at his critics late this afternoon.

"I'm sick and tired of fixing the world's problems," Bono said. "Let Britney Spears solve the global crisis in
equities. I don't give a rat's ass."

Observers say that the Irish rocker's alarming indifference to the current economic catastrophe may be the
direct result of spending so much time with Mr. O'Neill.

"Let Britney Spears solve the global crisis in

:lol: classic

Hm, that's interesting, Bono helping the stock market. Right now anything would be good.........awfully good. What could a rock star do for the stock market? I don't know a damn thing about the stock market except that's it's in trouble.

Bono would care less about helping the stock market. He's considered about people, not money. I mean, which is more important, making sure some millionaires get richer, or saving the starving and diseased people of Africa?

As for this article, it was VERY funny.

My favorite line:

"There is only so much that lowering interest rates can do.

BigMacPhisto said:
Bono would care less about helping the stock market. He's considered about people, not money. I mean, which is more important, making sure some millionaires get richer, or saving the starving and diseased people of Africa?

As for this article, it was VERY funny.

My favorite line:

"There is only so much that lowering interest rates can do.

I was more or less continuing on in joke mode. I wouldn't exactly expect the damn Dow Jones Industrial Average to be one of Bono's major concerns. He's concerned with Main Street, not Wall Street. I think the story is absolutely hilarious, so on with the jokes..........jokes are cool. I love jokes!

TheFlySweden said:
From The Borowitz Report:

July 24, 2002

AS MARKETS CRASH, THE WORLD ASKS: WHERE IS BONO?
Financial Leaders Demand More Active Role From U2's Lead Singer

A rising chorus of global financial leaders is demanding that the rock star Bono become more actively
involved in resolving the current crisis in the world's equity markets, sources said today.

Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan was the first to call for U2's lead singer to step up
his involvement, telling Congress last week, "There is only so much that lowering interest rates can do.

President Bush, while attempting today to sound upbeat about the state of the economy, made no secret
of his wish that the Irish rocker would roll up his sleeves and calm the roiling markets.

"I think there's nothing wrong with the global economy that Mr. Bono couldn't fix," the President said,
apparently unaware that Bono is not Bono's last name.

But a spokesman for the International Monetary Fund was less charitable, ripping the Grammy-winning
Bono for his hands-off approach to the stunning crash in share prices.

"Bono may like to sing 'It's a Beautiful Day,' but for those who depend upon equities to finance their
retirement, it is most decidedly anything but," the IMF spokesman said.

Bono, who is currently sailing the world on a 4-month Princess cruise with Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill,
struck back at his critics late this afternoon.

"I'm sick and tired of fixing the world's problems," Bono said. "Let Britney Spears solve the global crisis in

Observers say that the Irish rocker's alarming indifference to the current economic catastrophe may be the
direct result of spending so much time with Mr. O'Neill.

"Let Britney Spears solve the global crisis in

:lol: classic

I find this make-believe article corny, cliche, and predictable, but hey that's just me.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom