Bono should write some dutch lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Edge should bear my children.

There's something wrong with that statement...but I'm too lazy to think about it.

biggrin.gif

and Edge should smell like cheese

Edammer preferably

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Well, the Beatles recorded two songs in German and one in French (I think), so it's not impossible. The German ones are on that black greatest hits albumn (forgets the name)

I Wanna Hold Your Hand=
Komm Doch, Gib Mir Deine Hand

She Loves You=
Sie Liebt Dich

yeah, Angus Young his wife is dutch
that's the closest we have ever gotten to RAWK
frown.gif

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-12-2001).]

adam should live in the north of canada and then play bass like a canadian for the next album.

------------------
against smileys

The members of Kane should all die in terrible lab-experiments. The best Dutch band is Urban Dance Squad and they split up so there's nothing more to live for unless you like Johan.

mmm,
icon25.gif
@ Kane

I've reconsidered my earlier statement though
biggrin.gif

the closest we have come to rock is Anton Corbijn

get the new OOR, special editor: Anton Corbijn
BONO INTERVIEWS CAPTAIN BEEFHEART

------------------
Salome

translate it and post it here for all of us uneducated, ignorant, non-dutch-speaking people, eh?
wink.gif

Well I would, but unfortunately I don't speak english and I sure as hell don't know how to write it.

Translate a song into Dutch for us so we can see what it would look like!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Well I would, but unfortunately I don't speak english and I sure as hell don't know how to write it.

oh wow! So you mean, the words I'm reading now are Dutch? I never knew I had the ability to read that language. Learn something new about myself every day, I do.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Then maybe you should translate it. BTW the article is more or less crap anyway. It's more like a transscript of a conversation on the phone.

I just browsed through the article and I have to say DrTeeth is right

the idea behind the article (put Bono + Beefheart together) sounds interesting, but the execution fails miserably

most interesting part was that Beefheart said he though "One" was an amazing song and that he got Bono to admit that the way U2 creates songs is a lot like the way a painter creates his art

------------------
Salome

Back
Top Bottom