Bono + Short Hair = Change in setlist?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beLIEve_ZOO121

The Fly
Here comes the ultimate topic:
Now that everyone has seen Bono opting for the 'Popmart' hairstyle again :)madspit:) do you think that some bits of the concert may be altered because of Bono's hair length? :|
What a topic to talk about! Hair!
Really, seriously now. Anyone thought about that?

Do you think that the LAPOE moment of the concert will stay the same for the November shows? Somehow, I can't imagine Bono wearing a headband when he doesnt have hair!

Or any other bits of the concert? Could we see a change in a setlist because of Bono's hair??!!

It seems to me that Bono is getting into a Popmart frame of mind again... look at The Saints song, and how he added in the Boom-cha's.
I'm fearing the worst... unfinished album coming up..? :(
Anyone got some Quick-Hair-Growing Lotion handy??

POP WILL BE BACK!

Check out this:

Please
Last night on earth
Gone
MOFO
Discotheque
Staring at the sun

You name it it deserves to be on the setlist. It's time to bring back POPMUZIK!

The only question is.. might Bono's hair have grown back by the time November rolls around?

I'm gonna guess that that question has never been asked before..

If thats not the case though.. Zoo TV Hair Extensions? Plus some hairspray for Adam.. oh.. and the stick on ciggy. :lol:

Bono started wearing briefs again, I'm sure they'll play songs from October again.

beLIEve_ZOO121 said:
The only question is.. might Bono's hair have grown back by the time November rolls around?

Hair grows about an inch a month or less so... no.

U2FanPeter said:
Could Bono's hair be "Beautiful Day video length" by the time the Sydney rolls around?

my best Bono hair.

I hate the elevation tour hair with a passion , ekk

vaz02 said:
my best Bono hair.

I hate the elevation tour hair with a passion , ekk
:yes: to both. It was amazing how his hair went from so awesome (Beautiful Day video) to so creepy (Elevation tour). I'd love to see the Beautiful Day hair again, but I'd be afraid history would repeat itself, and we'd get the icky Elevation hair again :yikes:

they will play The Saints Are Coming and Discotheque and One new song, something we've not yet heard.

and maybe maybe maybe if we are lucky MOFO.

(that will never happen tho)

i don't really think speculation is useful at this point, but i really do want to see some POP and ZOOROPA represented better. It's almost a decade now since POP, the boys need to stop their backpedaling and embrace that album as an important part of their discography. If not the studio versions, then at least the tail end of the POPMART tour versions... which even the boys say became some of their best shows.

Seriously, I love these guys, but to be honest their last couple tours needed some more Zooropa / Pop representation. Anything full band from either album would be welcome:

Stay
Dirty Day
Daddy...
Discotheque
Mofo
Staring
Last Night
Gone
Please

:drool:

bonocomet said:
this thread is neat! :lol:

...In a good way?
I'll take that as a yes.

And I'll say thank you to you.. two! nahh, that joke never really caught on. :wink:

On the hair thing, I hate to go on a side track, but:
Bono is definitely in POP mode now. Apart from the haircut and the Boom-cha's, I noticed some PopMart-esque type moves at the Saints show.
Not that I'm trying to write this next album/next leg of the tour off before it even happens, but there's a sense of deja vu. :huh:

Do you guys find that the success of certain albums can be determined by what the band appears like during that period? If so, it looks like we're heading for a POP! We just need to get Edge into the cowboy hat again!

<<Popmart-esque dance moves>>

Do you mean the "ape/man/evolution walk" than Bono did every night(or was it just the mexico show?) in EBTTRT during 97?

Originally posted by beLIEve_ZOO121

We just need to get Edge into the cowboy hat again!

Edge earlier this year, May 2006

edge5-06.jpg

Hey it could happen!

bonocomet said:

Edge earlier this year, May 2006

edge5-06.jpg

Hey it could happen!

Brilliant. :wink:

<Sports Telecaster Voice Follows>

Ladies and Gentleman
we present to you tonight
The
POP
Mart
Tour
Part 2

<Voice Ends>

Hey, I said it at the beginning of this thread: It might just happen.
If there's an apacolypse coming in November,
and Edge is wearing his lucky no. 7 shirt... I mean, ahem, his cowboy hat and moustache,
and Bono HAPPENS TO BE IN THE SAME TOWN AS ME... and then he goes out drinking one night with me and I manage to convince him to think about it.. yeah, im sure, if all that happened we might stand a chance. :wink:

Someone start a "Campaign for Popmart 2!" Thread! It might just happen!

I for one am glad Bono cut his hair!!!
He looks a million times better.
He had some awful hair days, and what was up with Larrys long hair? Man that was awful.
I saw the boys in NYC for the Book signing, and they looked better than they have in years!!!!!!

Re: Re: Bono + Short Hair = Change in setlist?!

I think it's the perfect chance of changing setlist :camera:

Bono has a different look, closer than Popmart Tour :drool: and they haven't performed a complete concert since early 2006. People from Australia, New Zeland and other countries got frustrated by the cancelation of shows booked in March 2006. Now the band will perform (at least that's what we hope) those shows, so the people from these countries really deserve a much more special treatment :heart: because of their patience and loyalty

It would be so nice if they make great changes in the setlist. One Tree Hill, Mofo, Please or Acrobat are among the most requested songs, so I'd love U2 to perform them live again :heart:

Back
Top Bottom