Bono?s speech in the World Economic Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
I was on vacation during these past 3 weeks and I didn?t have the opportunity to read Bono?s speech in the WEF. I would love to read it. It was reported in local newspapers that he mentioned my country and our policy related to the treatment of AIDS and access to medication.

So I thought I could get some help here. Would any of you direct me to a link to his speech, please? You would save me lots of time in searching, for sure.

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Bono was incredibly eloquent and stirring in his speeches at the World Economic Forum. It was as great as any of his concert performances. He brought the same dedication and intensity to this forum as he does to any album or performance. What an inspiration this guy is...there is nobody like Bono. God bless him for his will to open minds and change the world.

AJ

I wholeheartedly agree Hawk269.

These are Bono?s words I was looking for (although I see some problems in the transcription, as found in a local newspaper). It?s so good to see my country mentioned in such context...and mainly by someone like Bono.

"About 20 million of lives were lost due to AIDS in the last years and countries as Brazil, who has been very progressive in the fight against AIDS, has heard that the right of intellectual property is a basic principle in the way that the United States and Europe make business and that is better for Brazil do not hurt that principle or else the house falls. That does not make sense. It is a foolishness", said Bono when answering the question of the State Agency, during the press conference that he gave together with the president of Microsoft, Bill Gates, after lecture in the World Economic Forum, in New York.

Btw, thank you NicaMom. I have missed you.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 02-17-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom